Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like all the precautions proclaimed to be taken are not working. Heard from a reliable source that at least two people on an FS crew, that travels, have tested positive. Two others are refusing to get tested.

The Fire God mentality is still alive and well.

We were out on a small fire last night. The brush rigs work well.

80-r5_r6_a8864e9bad33dbe9cfb0b9f4fb6c80d91763eedd.jpg

Worked the Gold fire up in Modoc east of McArthur.
I will say they were pretty dialed and blunt about their expectations during this and that masks were required by all while in camp and briefings
IC stated “if that’s not going to work for you, your demob trailer is right next to the exit.
An individual wandered up to our division briefing unmasked and was instantly and openly chastised, and told you got 5 min to figure it out
Briefing was done on a dedicated Tac channel for people not in a primary or leader role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked the Gold fire up in Modoc east of McArthur.
I will say they were pretty dialed and blunt about their expectations during this and that masks were required by all while in camp and briefings
IC stated “if that’s not going to work for you, your demob trailer is right next to the exit.
An individual wandered up to our division briefing unmasked and was instantly and openly chastised, and told you got 5 min to figure it out
Briefing was done on a dedicated Tac channel for people not in a primary or leader role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's the way it needs to be, wear your mask or GTFO.

Masks won't do jack to protect from a virus, but they give the ignorant something to feel important about.

Any info on the Loyalton fire would be greatly appreciated. My grandpa lives in Loyalton, but not answering the phone. Not sure if the town itself is affected or not. Thanks in advance guys.

Any info on the Loyalton fire would be greatly appreciated. My grandpa lives in Loyalton, but not answering the phone. Not sure if the town itself is affected or not. Thanks in advance guys.

No evacuation of loyalton issued and right now the fire is heading northeast away from there. They may not have power in that area right now.

Now they are under an evacuation advisory.
I spoke with my grandpa earlier, and he was gathering important stuff to grab and leave when needed. Pretty crazy fire so far it seems like. It's been a long time since they have had a big fire in the area. The last big one was called the cottonwood fire I believe. Thank you for the heads up again.

Latest posts

Back