Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it was being worked on at the time?
Couple places said only 160 onboard at the time of the incident and all are accounted for.

Couple late day NorCal starts
f4dbe52ae82a1d8964d03abcdb58f52d.jpg

Just north of Yreka, Ca and @Howard57

3b78a10914bf2e57e34166f8f22863e1.jpg

West of Chester, Ca and East of Susanville,Ca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep an eye on the Klamath/Siskiyou Mountains tomorrow, t-storms in the forecast, after a week of triple digit temps and humidity % in the low 20s and high teens.
Today in Fort Jones it is a breezy 105F @ 18%.

Then there was this one on Saturday. For a while, I thought I might have to detour to get home. I was on my bicycle.
DSC01234.JPG
Also on tribal lands and it didn't last long, or smoke us out. At this point, I could see that the fire was across the river so no worries in getting home other than the freshly squished skunk that was just ahead on the road from this stop.

Some visitors here this week.
DSC01250.JPG
DSC01253.JPG

There were five helicopters working the fires here. Two are based here with the state. They also have two of the little pontoon SEATs based here and they were kept busy. The fires are contained as of today, I think. Not sure about the one by Nespelem. Temps have been up in the 100s and I'm glad I don't have to be out there. I am stupid enough to go for bike rides in the heat. That's why the pictures are happening-- Stop to drink water and take a picture.

Some visitors here this week.
View attachment 845660
View attachment 845661

There were five helicopters working the fires here. Two are based here with the state. They also have two of the little pontoon SEATs based here and they were kept busy. The fires are contained as of today, I think. Not sure about the one by Nespelem. Temps have been up in the 100s and I'm glad I don't have to be out there.
August will be interesting! No big fires here in Calif., yet! Still 3 months of fire season to go!!! Praying for a long cool down.

Kern county has a big one going too, stagecoach fire is over 2000 acres now. It was kind of a perfect storm for this one to get going, it started while there was a big gap in air tanker resources with Tankers from Paso Robles, porterville, Hemet Ryan, and Columbia because of a few I.A. fires. We had six tankers and the 747 supertanker on the trimmer fire at pine flat reservoir.

http://www.alertwildfire.org/sierra/index.html?camera=Axis-BreckenridgePeak2&v=81e003f

Back