Firewood Pallets w/ Welded Wire or Field Fence?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another consideration is firing the tractor up just to bring a pallet to the house. Engine would never get warm and I don't use it enough during the winter to burn off the moisture.

sent from a field

There's always something else you can do with the tractor. Go plow another section of driveway. Or the neighbor's driveway. Or go rearrange the stacks of snow, or optimize the rotation of your wood stacks. You just have to get creative ;-)

My tractor is a L35 so 35 hp, however it's a pretty heavy frame. I cut some rounds at 36" and that was enough extra weight that I wasn't able to lift the crates so I cut it back to 32" which I can also buzzsaw to 16" pieces if I want to sell some later.
A crate lasts me at least a week even in the bad part of winter. I build a building out of the crates and tarp it over. I switch out the crates when it's a nice day out. After I tarp it all off I leave the door open for a couple of hours and it melts all the snow off. Only 15" from the garage to the tarp building which is also nice during a storm.
IMG_00002238.jpg IMG_00002240.jpg IMG_00002244.jpg

Back