• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.
  • Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Want to buy FS61 fuel tank

660catman

660catman

ArboristSite Lurker
Does anyone out there have a good fuel tank for an FS61 weed wacker?
I’ve been looking for a while with no luck being discontinued. It’s way too brittle to work on.
If not I’ll see if I can retro fit another tank somehow.

Retired guy from SE Manitoba

660catman

660catman

ArboristSite Lurker
So I used my plastic welding skills to weld up the hole. I used a piece of filler neck from a Wedco gas can. I took a dremel with the sandpaper tip and roughed up complete tank. I then took my glue gun and coated the tank with glue. After that I took a small butane torch to smooth out the glue better. It’s now sitting in garage with full tank of fuel to test for leaks. I’ll let it sit for a day or so and hopefully this will work. If not, I looked on the internet and a tank that may work would be from an old Tecumseh lawn mower. I would just need to make a mounting bracket and somehow reduce the gas outlet from tank to inlet on carb.

660catman

660catman

ArboristSite Lurker
Did 45 minutes of weed wacking and my welding “skills” have worked. It was leaking a bit on top but I didn’t have gas cap of quite enough. So far no leaks.

NIP Group
660catman

660catman

ArboristSite Lurker
Well it started leaking again. Fuel eats away at glue I used.
Back to square one

660catman

660catman

ArboristSite Lurker
We would need to figure out cost to ship to a Canadian address. If it wasn’t for this covid crap going on I could get it shipped to a Lancaster Minnesota address and pick up there.

furb

ArboristSite Guru
I didn’t realize you were in Canada. I can try to see what shipping would cost. PM me and address or town.