General Chain Bar Company

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't but the label certainly isn't original to the bar. Perhaps its a local bar re-conditioning company in Oregon.

Hi
I realize you assumption. But the bar is old and never been used.There is no heel stamp on this bar,However it's .063 gauge with a 2" 15/16 Oregon rollernose tip,.425" bar slot(Stihl). Seth

Howdy-

The General Bar and Chain company set up shop in Hubbard, Oregon in 1961. The old man that started it ran it out of his garage initially. He reconditioned bars in the beginning for the big wood Oregon timber fallers running the large Homelites and McCullochs of the day. I think it was in 1964 or around that time that he started producing bars himself, and built a big shop there in town. I don't know the founder's name, but I have a local guy, Earl Bouchard, who worked at General from 1969 until 1974, making large chainsaw bars from scratch. Earl does all of our harvester bar maintenance now, and he's in his late 70's. The General Bar and Chain company closed their doors for a while in the mid 80's and was reborn as The ChainBar company. They can be found at http://www.chainbar.com .

Wow
Thanks JJ. I have delt with this company before and didn't put 2&2 together, infact the bar on the 088KD now was done by ChainBar. Seth

Back