Handy Belt Mod for Carrying a Scrench

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMike

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, since I can't mod my saw, I thought I'd mod my tool belt.

I use the wedge holders from Grizzly Peak Enterprises. A piece of scrap aluminum tubing and some J B Weld, and presto, handy scrench holder.

Yeah, yeah, most of us probably use our chaps pocket, jeans pocket or tool pocket on the sides of our Carhartts (or equivalent). Obviously, do what suits 'ya, but I've found this to be pretty handy. Just thought I'd share--it's all I got in terms of give-back for the many things I've learned from you all.

holderSmall_zpsd6c793df.jpg

I wish my dang chaps had a scrench pocket. They're Labonvilles and they're pretty near perfect in every other way, but a pocket would sure be nice. I like the tether idea...I may try that...

I use FFS chaps that have a scrench pocket, then I add a grommet. I drill a hole in the end of the scrench and add loop of cord and a mini-biner. I haven't lost a scrench that way for years.

Photo? I was thinking about something similar, and would love to see what you already figured out.

Thanks.

Philbert

Yep, 'zactly. Well done weedhopper.
Thanks!

(I use a small non-climbing two dollar carabiner.)
$2!!! I pick up lots of these keychain carabiners (shown) as give-a-ways at trade shows. I suppose you could just tie a loop and pass it around/through a belt loop as well.

Hardest part was cleaning up the sharp edge of the hole inside the wrench tube. Used a Dremel. Felt just like Mastermind!

Philbert

Quick.. Someone build a dyno for screnches so we can sort out how much more torque you can get from a port job.

I keep one too in my chap pockets but what happens if your chain gets in the pocket and grabs it??? Not good

I use one like this. Swag from the Stihl tour in Waiblingen that my boss went to. The wedge holder that Stihl has also has a provision for the scrench.

stihl-multitool-00008815502.JPG

I've seen those and they look nice. I believe you can get them here in the US...

Back