Health Promoting Things We Find in The Forest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Spruce sap comes to mind, but try some rosehips, it's good for the heart and is good for your circulation so your extremities don't get cold.
Also, the moss we see hanging off the trees is the best antibiotic out there. Embracing nature means we don't have to fear anything. Everything we need to be healthy is out there and it's free.
Don't take my big brother advice,but rather, try it for yourself.

I can share with anybody who is willing to listen how to live to be 92. It's all about the vegetated matter that we don't seem to notice growing in the understory. Pay attention.

Quite a few people here are touting Birch Chaga. Its a fungal growth on the trunks of white and yellow Birch. They chop it up and make a tea that is supposed to make you feel young again. One of the guys sawing for us swears it makes his knees and hips feel much better. I have tried it and the taste is somewhere between mushroom and fresh dirt.

Quite a few people here are touting Birch Chaga. Its a fungal growth on the trunks of white and yellow Birch. They chop it up and make a tea that is supposed to make you feel young again. One of the guys sawing for us swears it makes his knees and hips feel much better. I have tried it and the taste is somewhere between mushroom and fresh dirt.
No birch around here, but lots further north of here.Nothing wrong with earths clean dirt.

No birch around here, but lots further north of here.Nothing wrong with earths clean dirt.[/QUOT
No birch around here, but lots further north of here.Nothing wrong with earths clean dirt.

I like the taste of most mushrooms but end up eating plenty of dirt without making a drink with that flavor.

I like the taste of most mushrooms but end up eating plenty of dirt without making a drink with that flavor.
Never did shroons before, but heard Amanita Muscaria gives a good high after one gets over the severe stomach cramps.
Not something I'd like to try.

Yup, tried it too. Like old moldy/rotten back of the potatoe house dirt! Dumping 5 spoons of sugar in the cup didn't help much either!

I had several big chucks sitting on the counter in the shop but they were stolen. Can only guess someone pocketed them or walked in when no one was up front. Leave several grand of chainsaws and what nope, grab the nasty tasting mushroom/fungus.... ok I guess?

My dog ate a sawdust and wax fire starter Thursday. Over at a friends and I see him going to town on something. No idea why it would taste good but he was on it like a fat girl on a box of Twinkees.

Yup, tried it too. Like old moldy/rotten back of the potatoe house dirt! Dumping 5 spoons of sugar in the cup didn't help much either!

I had several big chucks sitting on the counter in the shop but they were stolen. Can only guess someone pocketed them or walked in when no one was up front. Leave several grand of chainsaws and what nope, grab the nasty tasting mushroom/fungus.... ok I guess?

My dog ate a sawdust and wax fire starter Thursday. Over at a friends and I see him going to town on something. No idea why it would taste good but he was on it like a fat girl on a box of Twinkees.
Too funny! Thanks for the comic relief Nate.

You see the stuff for sale around here for 30 to 40 bucks a dried/ground ounce. not sure what it actually sells for.

Supposedly the yellow birch version has a slightly better taste.

If anyone would like some I will ship it to them for a mere 20 an ounce.

Latest posts

Back