Help with my satsuma tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chann1ng

Reaction score
I got this satsuma tree and planted it in my yard and now it's falling over. It has these long branches and all these leaves and a skinny trunk that can barely hold itself up. What should I do? Just leave it like this? Cut some of the branches off? Get more stakes and tie them up? I just transplanted it like a week and a half ago, so I don't want to do anything too crazy and kill it. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
I got this satsuma tree and planted it in my yard and now it's falling over. It has these long branches and all these leaves and a skinny trunk that can barely hold itself up. What should I do? Just leave it like this? Cut some of the branches off? Get more stakes and tie them up? I just transplanted it like a week and a half ago, so I don't want to do anything too crazy and kill it. Thanks.
Bamboo stake(s) as required. I normally use 3 or 4 wraps of 1" wide flag tape to tie spindly trees loosely to stakes. I would tie the trunk to the stake just below the lowest branches.

Back