Hickory Hickory Logs (pics)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My splitter is working around the clock.

Reminds me of Elm but with a better smell. :)

Had some Hickory and Oak delivered couple weeks ago... Just getting around to splitting them now.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwOTIwLTAwMTMyLmpwZw.jpg

101_0033.jpg

101_0043.jpg

101_0032.jpg

101_0039.jpg

101_0036.jpg

101_0041.jpg

101_0034.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics!

Lookit all that wood! and lookit..all them strings...been staring at that for awhile now......good thing the fiskars axe is light enough to use as a hatchet.....

It`s nice to see someone actually using both the verticle AND horizontal on the splitter.Most people are too lazy to switch back and forth.Myself included.Nice pile of fuel you got there.:rock:

Hickory

Well you certainly have gotten a good supply of hand. Gonna keep you busy for a while too.
Yep, reminds me of elm too. One of my coffee drinking friends at Mc Donalds used to burn stovewood a few years ago.

I had made a remark about some hickory I had split in the past. I said what I had gotten ahold of was twisted grain and stringy much like in the photos above.

He told me hickory was alwasy easy for him to split. He had no power splitter either. Do you think he might have gotten his wood from another planet where hickory is different than what we have on earth.

Nosmo

that's like #### to me. I just scored some fine Ash. I'm excited. No really, I'm not kidding. I had to cut some Ash in my backyard that was a safety hazard.

hickory

MAN I sure like shag bark hickory for burning in the wood stove in the great room. Nice hot
coals and it sometimes burn blue. Nice stacks of wood there. I am jealous.Bob

The wood looks like a pain to split.The kind that strings together and you have to hatchet apart.You definetly have a nice pile going.

:rock: nice rows and piles of wood.. :msp_sneaky: whats your addy.. hahahahaha joken.. thanks for sharing pictures..

Back