Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My score for the day. An Early XL12 that runs like a top, Paid $18 for it.
nFn7vJ1.jpg

wIdKDKG.jpg

2MFwDvb.jpg

vDeRSG9.jpg

So what is typical compression for a 1050A? I have one that is so high I can barely pull it over..., certainly not fast enough to get an accurate reading. Would it be reasonable to assume there may be some residual mix/oil in the case? I have had it running and it didn't smoke excessively, tho. Just rebuilt the carb and haven't had enough ass to get it started since.

So what is typical compression for a 1050A? I have one that is so high I can barely pull it over..., certainly not fast enough to get an accurate reading. Would it be reasonable to assume there may be some residual mix/oil in the case? I have had it running and it didn't smoke excessively, tho. Just rebuilt the carb and haven't had enough ass to get it started since.
180psi +. I got a 1050 Super that has a little over 200psi. Be sure the recoil have a full length of rope. To short a rope gives less mechanical advantage pulling it over.

My Dad bought 2 Super 1050's new back in the 70's, and I've had 4 all told, I'm back down to two now. Back when he had the brand new one's, I found that if you put the trigger lock on, and it held the throttle open some, they cranked over pretty easy. Easy at least for a 100CC saw with no decomp. I also found that if I was running a 36" bar on one of them, I would just set the tip of the bar on a log, hold the trigger with my right hand, and crank with my left, and they would start easy. If I left the throttle closed, I could hardly pull the rope out, and it would pop back and rip my fingers off. I asked the question here, why they seemed to crank over much easier with the throttle open a little. Someone answered, "Reed Valves". But that was all they said? I know my Mac 550 at 99CC's does the exact same thing. No throttle and it will pop back and rip your fingers off, crack the throttle open a little, and it cranks easy

My Dad bought 2 Super 1050's new back in the 70's, and I've had 4 all told, I'm back down to two now. Back when he had the brand new one's, I found that if you put the trigger lock on, and it held the throttle open some, they cranked over pretty easy. Easy at least for a 100CC saw with no decomp. I also found that if I was running a 36" bar on one of them, I would just set the tip of the bar on a log, hold the trigger with my right hand, and crank with my left, and they would start easy. If I left the throttle closed, I could hardly pull the rope out, and it would pop back and rip my fingers off. I asked the question here, why they seemed to crank over much easier with the throttle open a little. Someone answered, "Reed Valves". But that was all they said? I know my Mac 550 at 99CC's does the exact same thing. No throttle and it will pop back and rip your fingers off, crack the throttle open a little, and it cranks easy
My Jred 2094 same thing.. Foot on top and pull like a B*stard with 2 hands..but only until it gets some fuel in it.. Then, no problem. I see a pattern starting..

Back