hurricane Frances

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hows it going? still swamped here, trying to finish up alot of work here. Hopefully will be headed down beginning of next. Just in time to clean up after ivan.

day and a half in edgewater, drove to vero beach today,
just like martial law, no power, no ice, no good food, no motels, no banks open, no beer or guns can be bought:eek: cops are
all over the place at every open gas station, curfew at dark.

we left.:(

orlando looks better, we'll see.

money fair, works harder to find.

Marky bonefish are too easy here, my buddy knows some great locations for sharks but we lucked out and caught black fin and snapper for the table gas availability is nasty and have to conserve. Hey John next time I’ll drag you down here to help out hope ivan keeps west of here or I’ll be here a while. Gotta get lots of work done.
Rob.

well orlando is better, but the work is so scattered, very difficult to find. people not very helpful, this sure ain't the south I'm used to. we will chase ivan, but leaving florida won't be a difficult choice.
This is obviously a great place to live, but I miss the virginia trees.

still keeping faith, on the road. now in Poinciana, at my old high school buddies house, right below disneyworld. (eating venison cooked every which way). tomorrow we will set up and sharpen all the saws, gas up and batten down all the gear in the truck. we just have to figure where to lay up if ivan rolls thru. but we will be be @ ground zero as fast as possible after storm passes.

PS extreme tree and his buddy mike are a blast. hung out with them thursday night.

long time no see

hey boys,
budroe from vero beach. long time no talk. we just got power
back on today. what a mess!!!! there's trees down everywhere.
tons of hangers in all of the oaks. there will be work for months.
there's plenty of out-of-towners driving around. i spotted some
of froggy's signs hanging up around town. anybody have any
questions, i'm a local.....let me know.
later,
budroe:cool:
p.s. hey rocky. the family's fine and can you believe it, i didn't
even lose an oak!!!!

nah, we are barely making expenses.
I could really use some good local advice on finding work, like I so freely gave out in Isabel.
climbing out of a truck asking for work is getting old, where am I needed?
whatever, this climber can make it happen.:mad:

Remember that Seminole and Volusia counties were also hard hit with flooding. Orange county did not get much flooding so we were able to clean up our tree debris more quickly. Much of Seminole and Volusia has not been able to clean up because it is still flooded.

Jimbo

I was in Windermere for line clearance, looked like a fair amount of work left. There is a removal wanted done at: address removed

I'm in Ocala now so won't be able to help much for a while.

Mike

Last edited:
storm work

hey everyone looks like ivan coming closer if it hit near miss.or louisiana call us we hold the contract with the city of new orleans .and other large accounts.we also have a wood waste landfill.have 6 bucket trucks 3 cranes 4 grapple trucks .

Re: storm work

Originally posted by treepres1
hey everyone looks like ivan coming closer if it hit near miss.or louisiana call us we hold the contract with the city of new orleans .and other large accounts.we also have a wood waste landfill.have 6 bucket trucks 3 cranes 4 grapple trucks .

man I want to be a mardi gras climber. would be interested.

ivan

storms 315 miles se of the mouth of the river inds 140 gust160 will know in morning if its going to be a direct hit .give me a call.504 466 6060 had to move all our saws 5 gang boxs full, 5 trailers 8 trucks .tarted at 5am its now 11pm.have one more trailer and some compressors in morning to get .the hihgway going in to new orleans. is closed at 11;45 am.tommorrow.took 4 hours to night to go 30 miles on back way.i 10 interstate would have taken 5 1/2 to six.

Originally posted by RockyJSquirrel
All you gotta do is ask. I don't get many good feelings from you, Slayer, and never figured you cared much for me. I would just as soon see you move on to another town, but I wish you no harm. Here is a general overview map of the Orlando area highlighted with your best options for finding profitable work. Avoid Pine Hills (Crime Hills) and Eatonville unless you are looking for illegal drugs or skanky prostitutes.

And everybody is scared to post cause of the Big Bad Rocky!
Nice tip Rocky your all right!:)
Later
John

Originally posted by SilverBlue
Marky bonefish are too easy here, my buddy knows some great locations for sharks but we lucked out and caught black fin and snapper for the table gas availability is nasty and have to conserve. Hey John next time I’ll drag you down here to help out hope ivan keeps west of here or I’ll be here a while. Gotta get lots of work done.
Rob.

Hey Rob
I would be there in a heart beat!:blob2:
Let me know when your back?
Later
John

Hi John, I'm back in the land of Tim Hortons and Burger King
spitout.gif
I see we are finally geting a bit of summer!

So, ya'll getting weighed down with the bags of money? TreeSlayer called me today, hurting for a crane operator. If you can help him out, give him a call

703 431 2408

It's sunny skies around here, nary a drop of percip.

Back