husky 2100cd oiler question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

american dream

wife asked "why do you need another damn saw????"
Reaction score
IMG_1609.PNG am i missing something? all the 2100's ive seen had a plunger to the left of the throttle? automatic by chance? need some advice thanks

That my friend must be some sort of frankensaw. Somebody smarter than me should be along soon with some actual knowledge.

That is the manual oiler.. the 2100 has the ''standard'' oiler like most other saws, but also a manual one that you are referring too. If you find your getting into some bad wood(sappy/knots...) , a couple of pumps might make all the difference.
Go here and look at part 6 , might help if you have problems with the oil delivery process...https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtqTb6j-rejRDBuQ3UtVWtXVWs/edit

G Vavra

thats my only issue. the saw in the picture i posted is for sale. there is no manual oiler, and i want to start milling but if that saw only was the automatic oiler will it still work to mill logs without burning up the bar and chain? or will i need to put an aux oiler on the sawmill?

Depends what size bar you are going to mill with. The stock auto oiler on those saws can really pump the oil. I wouldn't worry about it unless you were going to be milling with a bar longer than 48".

That saw might have started it's life as a 2100 but may of had the tank replaced. The 285CD and 298XP were nearly identical (in most ways) to the 2100 except they did not have the manual oil pump like the 2100CD and the 2101XP saws. You might have a 2100CD or 2101XP that had the tank replaced from either a 285 or 298. The other possibility is the guy doesn't know what he has.

im guessing he doesnt bc hes giving it away and i just wanted to make sure the 42" bar on it would get enough oil to mill. thank you guys for all the info! looks like i got myself a monster!

Get it. Check the compression and if you can pull the muffler and look for scoring on the piston. Top end parts are hard to some by for these series of saws.

says it was just gone over by a husky dealer and had a bunch of work done, but you cant really believe everything you hear. when i get it, its going straight to my saw guy to have a good look over to make sure its good to go.

First thing I would do if I were you is sell the filter cover. It’ll fetch some bucks and you can clamp on a big filter with prefilter for mulling duty. I’ll find a pic.

2FD08D24-EA5E-44BD-8D12-C18529F2733E.jpeg
First thing I would do if I were you is sell the filter cover. It’ll fetch some bucks and you can clamp on a big filter with prefilter for mulling duty. I’ll find a pic.

That saw could be a 298 converted to a 2100 ignition and rewind. 298 starters notoriously failed. My 298 is the most ignorant saw I own to start.

They don't seem like the greatest filters do they. When I got my 2100cd I thought it was a pre-filter and was missing the main filter but husqvarna dealer said that was it

either way thats a bad ass saw and im on the hunt for one for milling!!! thank you guys for everything!

Haven't used any other 100cc saws mainly more modern saws up to 60cc, I couldn't get over how little vibration and jerking the 2100cd has, especially considering it's age. Probably the smoothest out of all my saws

i have 3 jreds a 2166, 670 and 2255. id like to get a 2188 but the things ive read about the 2100 have ne leaning that way. id like to run a 48" bar and that monster will do the trick.

Latest posts

Back