Husqvarna 268 rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HusqvarnaNewby

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding an old husqvarna 268, it cranks and runs nicely, the issue is it pours bar oil out of a pin hole behind the bar and chain but no oil gets to the chain. I'm pointing to said hole in the picture below with a screw driver. The other picture is the model. If anybody has any advice or input on the saw that would be extremely helpful, thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    992.7 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 40
Looks like the oil tank vent. Open the oil cap, I think there is supposed to be a roll pin with a hose on it you can see looking in there. Make sure all the pieces are there.

Inside the hole I'm pointing to, it looks as if there is a role pin in the hole, is the hose inside the oil tank supposed to be submerged in oil or is it supposed to vent to outside the tank

Here is a picture of the little clear hose on a 272 case half, which I think is exactly the same. It is at an upward angle, and should only leak if the tank is 100% full. Otherwise it will typically be out of the oil.IMG_20170530_174546016.jpg

Alright thank you for the picture, not sure if the hose on mine is cracked or something, cause like I said it will leak all the oil from the saw out of that pin hole in my picture I posted, the saw was givin to me, so I don't want to spend a fortune on it but would like to get it working correctly. The oil pump seems to function properly, well the worm gear aspect of it does at least, can't tell if it pumps oil due to the leak it has

Back