husqvarna saw question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapper

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Are low end(or any for that matter) husky chainsaws the same as poulans?? I have heard people say poulans are just green huskys. And i ran across a book for a 36/41 husky saw and it looks real similiar to my recently acquired poulan 2900. So are any the same? Or even partially the same??

Thanks guys!!

Ben, what do you base that statement on? I assume that the 2045 is similar to the 345 which is not a Poulan. This sounds like the old Lobo argument that the 345 and 295 are the same saw, which isn`t true but they look similar enough to fool some people. The 345 is made in Sweden per the black metal tag, doesn`t the 2045 have the tag also. Poulans are made in the good ole USA and fit a price point.

The 136 and 141 are assembled in the Poulan plant but I don`t know if they share components. I`ve been told that they don`t but I can`t say firsthand. Trust noone.

Russ

Some are-most aren't. For example the Poulan Pro 505 is actually made in Sweden-there is an equivalent Jonsred (2083 I think). The idea of slamming Husqvarna by calling them Poulans is kind of strange. So is pumping up Poulan by saying they are green Huskies. There is a Poulan line-Consumer grade saws(some of which are a pretty good value for the $), a Poulan Pro line(Presumably higher quality than the green and Purple Poulans-definitely better looking!), a Husqvarna line (with pro and consumer grade saws) and a Jonsered line (theoretically all pro quality but some will disagree). There are crossovers where the same design appears in a different colored case. There are also distinctive saws. They are all Electrolux products but the different lines exist for different markets.

Ben,

Are you saying the Jonsered 2045 is the same saw as the 1950 Poulan ? Interesting

Bill

The Jonsered 2045 IS NOT a 1950 Poulan. I had a 1950 Poulan as the first saw I ever purchased, besides the 1950 is only 33cc while the 2045 is much larger.

Now I dont have a 2045 Jonsey and I cant say for sure it does not share a design with any Poulan saw, because it may. Lets remember tht just because they may share a few plastic pieces on the outside does not mean all the internals are the exact same.

Russ has a 345 Huskey and Ben has a 2045 Jonsey, I find it hard to believe those saws are not almost the exact same saw. Also since Poulans dont use air injection (Pro ones do) I dont think any green saws are the same. It is more likely a Poulan Pro does share a saw with the 2045/345, for probably $40 less or so.

What does it matter? You get what you pay for, and a $200 saw is going to perform like one, whether it is green, red, orange, or orange and white.

I have a lil 136 here, and you know what? I don't care what it is, the ???? thing just runs and runs and runs....and in the end, that's more important than who made it.

Still have a couple of those Patriot (Poulan) 1900's going strong. Not bad for $88 each at Wal-Mart some 4 years ago. (Stuck 18" bars on em!) And if they die? Who cares, they have more than paid for themselves.

JMHO

it could be that for the occasional user ,,u get the high end saws features ...without the things added to make them stand up to daily use,with the green ones.
but my personal experience was with the 46 cc green. the motor ran alrite but
i never seen a 46 cc saw that really needed decompression feature as that one did..
i thought at the time,, [and still do ] that the thing just had a pos recoil on it.
also on that particular green saw [2750 i think] the cutting settup,, was made,, to keep u busy trying to keep the chain on...
jmo but poulans idea of giving high end features with cheap ,did isay cheap,, parts,,work until u get into 45 and above ..
this being theory as ive only owned one other green poulan and that was the xxv. and i think most would agree it was from a different cut than present green poulans.
one other little tid bit. the green saw targets the consumer ,use. i know where several of this late generation green saws are setting on shelves ,
and not useable ,due to some problem that the user ,,has no clue about.. add to that the fact that if he takes it to most repair shops ,hes just gonna get a strange dry look[perhaps some out rite laughing, in the back ground] ,,and u got a losing combination. jmo.

Last edited:
Husky, I never said it was the same saw. I said it was a clone of a poulan which it is. The handle/cheesy antivide muffler are the same. I would imagine the internals are the same as a 45cc poulan of some sort. The 2045 I have (mid90's model) hasno deisgn features in common with 345. The 345 is made much better imo.

Hi Ben, I think that when you said the saw was a clone, some of us took your statement literally since clones are identical in nature. I`ve got to admit that the picture you posted sure looks like a small Jonsered.

Russ

The 2145 and the 345 are the brothers. The 2045 was the brother of the Husky 45. As were the 2050 and 49. Sales rep told me they originated from a Partner.
Stevie

Latest posts

Back