ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Huztl MS660

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Kyler Monares, Aug 30, 2016.

1. uprangewilly

uprangewilly New Member

Sounds exactly like what mine was doing. I also had what appeared to be a good spark, then it just stopped producing any spark. I suggest a new coil, worked for mine. Hope this helps.

2. Bedford T

Bedford T the1chainsawguy

You can test the coil, lay the plug on a chain draped across and onto the ground and see what happens with spark. Could be more than one thing. Take steps to eliminate issues. I don't like the carbs when you can get a walbro for 40$.

If pouring a little fuel in it and it not trying to start you need to go all the way back and retest, tank, vent, cylinder, pressure and vacuum. The cylinder not being tight will drive you crazy

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://www.youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

3. snake_2586

snake_2586 ArboristSite Member

I got fed up with not having a fast idle the other day, and a bit of spare time, so striped it down a bit and had a good look.
    First I wondered if it was flexing and not holding the throttle, as it would just slip off the notch, so I drilled out the centre of the bar/tube and glued a steel rod in the centre. (that made no difference)
    Next, when looking I thought maybe push it back towards the handle, so had a look at what I had about and came up with some aluminium tap, I cut a thin strip and raped it around the bar where it contacts the casing, think it took maybe 3 times around to the required thickness, and now it catches in the throttle linkage and holds, so I have my fast idle :).

Sorry forgot to take pics, but I hope this makes scene and may help some out.

Canyon Angler likes this.
  4. rich450es

rich450es you can't fix stupid

Pictures would have been awesome....

5. p575

p575 ArboristSite Lurker

I've just put together a Farmertec 660 clone. Thanks for all the help that's here. I started it yesterday and it runs, still need to get it tuned up and fix a few odds and ends before its finished.

The decomp that was with it seems to be leaking by really badly. I think it's junk. I put a pipe plug in it just to get it to run a bit. Are decomps supposed to get teflon tape or some kind of sealant on the threads?

I also have a few parts left, can anyone identify them? I think one of them goes over the throttle rod where it comes out of the handle, it already had one of those installed. I think the one to the left of the two large circles goes around the decomp, I was having trouble with that one, is it necessary for the cooling system or can it stay off? The two large circles seem like they would go on the fuel and oil caps, but each of those already had an o-ring installed. Any hints on any of it would be appreciated...

Attached Files:

6. Woody harrelson

Woody harrelson What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.

First pic Top left is throttle rod boot, bottom left is decomp valve grommet, middle top is grommet for wiring harness thru case, two large seals are for oil fuel caps, right top I don’t know

7. Woody harrelson

2nd pic those brass grommets could be for top cover and brake handle, o ring could be for chain adjuster, the other two I don’t know. I have an IPL for the 660 if you don’t have it

8. Woody harrelson

9. Bedford T

Bedford T the1chainsawguy

The numb goes under your top cover, it's s support, sticks on a post. The decomp is junk. It is so inconvenient to use. It trips to often. With a good one it does not do that. They do leak. i remove mine to pressure test the saw

http://thechainsawkitguy.com
    https://www.youtube.com/the1chainsawguy