Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rather coincidental that this old thread is currently talking about failed p/c. Mine just failed with a piston skirt being broken off and chewed into tiny pieces. I had around 20 hours on it. Rather light use with bucking up a couple softwood trees and then a few hours in milling some douglas fir. I could tell the compression had softened up quite a bit after just the bucking. I was able to start it without the decomp.. which i had no chance of doing when it was first built. Then came the 3h of milling. It had plenty of power and milled the 20-26in x 7feet doug fir logs with ease. On the last few cuts it would idle a bit rough no matter how i tuned it. Then, today it simply wouldn't start. I found that the compression was down to 105psi and that's when i discovered the broken piston skirt.

i made another thread to tell the story and include a bunch of pics for those that are interested.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/hutzl-ms660-failure-20h.313813/

The last one I did took around 3 hrs but I've done a few. That was with a mix of factory and standard tools with the leak testing.
For anyone's first time I would break it up into sections and watch some vids. I know @Bedford has some vids that's done in easy to follow steps. Afterward you'll have a good strong saw you can fix your self. Tomorrow I plan on testing the HO oil pump I have. It needs it running a 36" bar or maybe milling.

The last one I did took around 3 hrs but I've done a few. That was with a mix of factory and standard tools with the leak testing.
For anyone's first time I would break it up into sections and watch some vids. I know @Bedford has some vids that's done in easy to follow steps. Afterward you'll have a good strong saw you can fix your self. Tomorrow I plan on testing the HO oil pump I have. It needs it running a 36" bar or maybe milling.

Could I ask where you got the HO oil pumps they look like aftermarket I remember someone had posted awhile back about modding the current huztl ones to put out a bit better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could I ask where you got the HO oil pumps they look like aftermarket I remember someone had posted awhile back about modding the current huztl ones to put out a bit better

eBay look it up by part #

It is aftermarket off eBay The oem part # to reference the HO pump is
1122 640 3201. This pump has a 1.15mm stroke. The standard is
1122 640 3205 w/ a 0.9 stroke.
The control bolt and pump piston could be swapped out to make it HO also. Part # 1122 647 0602 pump piston. And 1128 647 4802 control bolt. I found modding these two pieces was to difficult.

It is aftermarket off eBay The oem part # to reference the HO pump is
1122 640 3201. This pump has a 1.15mm stroke. The standard is
1122 640 3205 w/ a 0.9 stroke.
The control bolt and pump piston could be swapped out to make it HO also. Part # 1122 647 0602 pump piston. And 1128 647 4802 control bolt. I found modding these two pieces was to difficult.

Have you compared the piston/bolt between the aftermarket HO oiler and standard? I'm curious if it's actually a HO oiler or just marketed as one.

That is a concern with a lot of AM parts. I haven't but will when I take the old one off.
I ordered these from a supplier that bedford contacted and the guy actually pulled the part and assured him it was a HO and the description was correct.

This a concern with a lot of AM parts. I haven't but will when I take the old one off.
I ordered these from a supplier that bedford contacted and the guy actually pulled the part and assured him it was a HO and the description was correct.
Dave the proof will be when you bolt that 36" bar up and it's damp after running it. Don't take it apart. We take chances all the time on 16$ parts. If it works great the guy told me the truth, if not just another day in America

Until you try it, if it don't and your curious, I would be maybe

True. I think I can measure the stroke with a caliper to tell if it's more than the one I'm taking off without disassembly.

I noticed I posted in the wrong 660 so I copy to here. Got a chance to test my HO oil pump. From the start when tried it with the bar off I could tell it pumped way more so that was great.
But in my vid I had to stop due to the pump failed. It now barely puts out and the adjustment screw is loose and just flops around. I haven't pulled it yet to take a look at it. I have 2 more so I'm going to get my money back on this one. I've had trouble in the past but I bought this one on eBay so I know I'll atleast get my money back. The saw ran great though and I liked how snappy the throttle felt. I tuned it to 12,8. Very little smoke running 32:1

WOW and dang. I read 156 pages and all I learned is Buford P is a bit of a douche:laugh:

But on a serious note I also learned that I wouldn't enjoy building a saw from chicom. :rolleyes: Hope I didn't offend anyone.

WOW and dang. I read 156 pages and all I learned is Buford P is a bit of a douche[emoji23]

But on a serious note I also learned that I wouldn't enjoy building a saw from chicom. :rolleyes: Hope I didn't offend anyone.
No offence taken (by me anyway), but I think its possible you are a slow learner, if it took you 156 pages to learn just those two things. Can't see why you would read all of that if you had no interest in building a copy saw......unless you are a troll.....No offense intended of course.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

No offence taken (by me anyway), but I think its possible you are a slow learner, if it took you 156 pages to learn just those two things. Can't see why you would read all of that if you had no interest in building a copy saw......unless you are a troll.....No offense intended of course.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L22 using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing. But I think very little reading went on. During that 156 pages of reading there would have been a comment or question way before now

Back