ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Huztl review, the good, bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by bang, Mar 28, 2017.

1. bang

bang ArboristSite Operative

I received my Huztl order early this month and finally got around to going through it and install the parts last night. I ordered a complete engine, a carb and a brake handle for a ms250 and some misc stuff.

The good: the engine looked very nice and runs well although seems low on power as of now, I'll see how it does after 4 or 5 tanks of premix. Misc tools look fine but I haven't used them.

The bad: they shipped the wrong brake handle, it won't work on my ms250.

The ugly: the carb may have worked if I didn't care about the location of the adjusting screws, they didn't line up with the holes for adjusting from the outside of the saw. Luckily I had another China carb I got from a different source and it works well.

Overall grade C-, had I just bought the engine it would be at least A-. I'm not bothered by the small $ loss on the wrong parts because they're so cheap. It doe's make me reluctant to buy in the future do to the possibility of getting the wrong parts.

2. Honda_man

Honda_man ArboristSite Member

What tools did you order?

3. Frogfarmer

Frogfarmer ArboristSite Operative

They have sent me the wrong parts or failed to include parts on more than one occasion. My last order was missing over 35 items. Mostly screws so not a big money loss. They are supposed to reship the missing hardware. I have tried the piston/cylinder kits and the squish is usually 50 thousands with a gasket. The pistons do look very nice. The rings are standard cast iron. Overall I have been pleased enough to keep using them for misc.

smokey7 likes this.
  4. bang

Hey Frogfarmer, I noticed you're from SEMO same as my wife. Born in Hayti and lived all over the bootheal. Is being mule-headed a common characteristic from that area or is it just her lol? Her dad spent his last 20 or so years near us in Indiana and I miss him and his stories about his life in that area and farming with mules. The Homelite in my avatar was bought new by him to help me cut wood on my property, I'll never let it go as long as I'm of sound mind. He was from Steele.....end of ramble.

5. bang

2 flywheel pullers, appear to be properly hardened and threads look good

Honda_man likes this.
  6. nathan safford

nathan safford New Member

Kinda know how you feel, I ordered two hutzl ms360 saw kits. they were missing many parts, like the air box cover, small rubber seal between carb and air cleaner, and other parts. Hutzl service employee named Miss Jane, said, please try to assemble anyway, and also said, wont saw run as shipped?. these people are dense, they have no idea what to do. does anyone have a email address for a Mr. Leo Hong, (chairman for Hutzl)?

7. Huskybill

Huskybill Addicted to ArboristSite

It’s going to take time for huztl to get there act together. Have you noticed some of there prices are going up.

8. cuinrearview

cuinrearview Red saw lover

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

JustinSL, Duce and farmer steve like this.
  9. Huskybill

Huskybill Addicted to ArboristSite

Put moly antiseeze on the threads so they don’t seeze.

10. Duce

Duce Addicted to ArboristSite

Thread is from 2017, so guess things have not changed much. They do not care, they have your money.

cuinrearview and farmer steve like this.
  11. nathan safford

nathan safford New Member

Sounds like hutzl service is not going to ship me squat.!!!! I guess their idea of customer service is, look dumb, act stupid, and keep the money regardless weather the saw kits are complete or not. I have bought about 16 kits, and their service sucks.
    Hutzl, get rid of Miss Jane as she does not know the difference between a kit or a box Misc parts. on most parts, she don't even know what the parts are.
    These people belong in a finger nail shop selling snow to the Eskamoes.

Oldsawnut and Duce like this.