carby cause it do drop dead?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I will be laying in the bed, puzzling this one out. fishing for ideas...
Frankensaw quit on me today. it's a 064 with a farmertec tank on it... I love the thing.
Ok... cheap china carb on there for several years. Usually it would run "ok" but idle was sometimes rich enough to die. Sometimes it would idle spot on tho.
Mostly I just worked around it's personality, I cut a LOT of wood with it this way.

Today... we first lost all the fuel, then it would restart, but not rev. No fuel on high speed jet. it tried to clear, and made part of another cut only to drop that out.
Eventually I just gave up on it, and ran the small saw.

Did a quick inspection of the carb, and nothing really jumped out and said me!!! fuel pump looked ok, diaphram wasn't bad. I didn't check the needle.
Maybe the main nozzle is sticky?

after a short break this afternoon, I did a pressure/vacuum test. it passed that with flying colors. Non ethanol fuel at 40 to 1

I ordered a walbro from evil bay, because I want to get a better carb now for the saw. Will find out in a few days.

Fuel line, I will check it out... could be?

fuel line could be collapsed, impulse line could be tore, fuel tank vent could be plugged. Couple things there for you to check.

Latest posts

Back