Ms 192 tc weird stalling after running

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgerClaw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Chain saw starts up great. runs fine for the first cycle. High and low, both responsive. Fuel filters Good, air filters, good, sparks good. Muffler and screen good. Carb is new Fuel is non ethanol premium. Runs fine in any position.

Then I shut it off and go to restart immediately after shutoff. It takes more pulls then it should now it idles fine when I get it started but as soon as I touch the throttle it dies..
Why!! Been trying to figure this out for sometime Help please!

Attachments

• 17044913657767675758626469742321.jpg
    17044913657767675758626469742321.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Chain saw starts up great. runs fine for the first cycle. High and low, both responsive. Fuel filters Good, air filters, good, sparks good. Muffler and screen good. Carb is new Fuel is non ethanol premium. Runs fine in any position.

Then I shut it off and go to restart immediately after shutoff. It takes more pulls then it should now it idles fine when I get it started but as soon as I touch the throttle it dies..
Why!! Been trying to figure this out for sometime Help please!
Standard question I have for you is the carb OEM stihl?

Well, if there is nothing wrong with the carb.. You need to turn your idle mixture needle richer, and adjust the speed adjustment to compensate if it needs it.

You have to have enough fuel on the idle side to make the transition because that is all that's there when the butterfly opens until the high jet starts flowing.

I wonder if the fuel line is real soft and collapsing when throttled up? Can you go look at it and see what it feels like if you squeeze it? It shouldn't be soft and spongy.
It's firm and that wouldn't explain why it runs flawless upon first startup I can pin it on first start up no hiccups and responsive. I shut it off and restart it and it runs like junk..

Well, if there is nothing wrong with the carb.. You need to turn your idle mixture needle richer, and adjust the speed adjustment to compensate if it needs it.

You have to have enough fuel on the idle side to make the transition because that is all that's there when the butterfly opens until the high jet starts flowing.
Yep tried that I had already tuned it to run good when it does run good on first start..

Time to consider a new ignition module. I have replaced several on Stihl 192, 192, 193, and 194 top handle saws. It seems to solve lots of running problems on these saws, both low speed and high.
I was thinking of that do you know what the resistance is supposed to be on a good one?

Not a factor here and these I listed are not M-Tronic. In many cases the saw's engine showed a good spark, but the IM could not deliver what was needed to run the saw according to specs. I once swapped a good running saw's coil with the coil of the bad runner. Suddenly the symptoms of the bad runner were transferred immediately to the good-running saw.

Not a factor here and these I listed are not M-Tronic. In many cases the saw's engine showed a good spark, but the IM could not deliver what was needed to run the saw according to specs. I once swapped a good running saw's coil with the coil of the bad runner. Suddenly the symptoms of the bad runner were transferred immediately to the good-running saw.

I suspect as many of you know who work on saws all the time it is sort of 1,2,3, That is the reality of it.

Did you check the tank vent? It should not hold vacuum.
Wow I think that's it..
I started it up ran fine for a bit then it bogged down and died. Hard to start so I took off the gas cap while starting it and
Did you check the tank vent? It should not hold vacuum.
It runs fine with the cap off. Next step? Replace the tank cap or tank vent?

Wow I think that's it..
I started it up ran fine for a bit then it bogged down and died. Hard to start so I took off the gas while starting it and

It runs fine with the cap off. Next step? Replace the tank cap or tank vent?
Well he just saved you a bit of money, simple fix then. Yes replace it.

When rebuildig a saw- mostly husky- I sprend some time on a fully emty tank with the mitivac to make sure the tank and vents and gas liine are in good working order before the tank goes on because I dont want to do it later when it's installed - I do like Stihl and Echo tank venting better-Build mostly larger saws

Back