two stihl ms362c's mtronics with problems :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosawer24

Reaction score
hello everyone, so long story short, i've had two ms362c's with mtronic for a good amount of time (around 5-6 years) and both of them have been having probems.

ms 362c mtronic number one, starts up and idles fine, but when you go full throttle the chainsaw just stalls and dies instantly, starts right back up. the carb has been cleaned and fuel lines have been replaced

ms 362c mtronic number two, has two problems, first one. it is not having enough power while cutting ( even when it should have the power),and because of that it loses rpm's and you have to pull out and rerev the saw.
problem number two is that after a few minutes of cutting the saw suddenly stalls, but starts up instantly back up again in a non-ending cycle

if anyone knows why this is happening, would be much appreciated!

hello everyone, so long story short, i've had two ms362c's with mtronic for a good amount of time (around 5-6 years) and both of them have been having probems.

ms 362c mtronic number one, starts up and idles fine, but when you go full throttle the chainsaw just stalls and dies instantly, starts right back up. the carb has been cleaned and fuel lines have been replaced

ms 362c mtronic number two, has two problems, first one. it is not having enough power while cutting ( even when it should have the power),and because of that it loses rpm's and you have to pull out and rerev the saw.
problem number two is that after a few minutes of cutting the saw suddenly stalls, but starts up instantly back up again in a non-ending cycle

Try a new fuel solenoid.

With age and hours you need a new solenoid and orange fuel pickup. This comes as a kit from Stihl.

Another possibility is a significantly restricted air filter. Try running one with a brand new filter or without for a short time.

Check the spark screen in the muffler for blockage and burn it clean with a torch if needed.

If it runs the wiring harness is not an issue.

With age and hours you need a new solenoid and orange fuel pickup. This comes as a kit from Stihl.

Another possibility is a significantly restricted air filter. Try running one with a brand new filter or without for a short time.

Check the spark screen in the muffler for blockage and burn it clean with a torch if needed.

If it runs the wiring harness is not an issue.
Let me tell you this story. I had a MS201 TCM dropped out of a tree. Both front springs bent and broke. So, I have the complete top handle with springs , linkage, carb body, triggers, and all. But, it is $124.95.
So, I am going to save him some money. Just replace the springs. Which I did.
Well, it will start in triangle position, but revs too high and cuts off when you take it off choke. So, air leak.
I pull the carburetor off and immediately see that it has pulled the manifold partially out of the carb housing. Well eazy peazy I think. Get that all back in shape and it runs like new money.
Except, you can't cut it off..
Have you ever replaced the wiring harness in a MS201TCM. With 70 year old shakes ?
It is fun.
Anyhow, it can run with a broken wire in the wiring harness.

Let me tell you this story. I had a MS201 TCM dropped out of a tree. Both front springs bent and broke. So, I have the complete top handle with springs , linkage, carb body, triggers, and all. But, it is $124.95.
So, I am going to save him some money. Just replace the springs. Which I did.
Well, it will start in triangle position, but revs too high and cuts off when you take it off choke. So, air leak.
I pull the carburetor off and immediately see that it has pulled the manifold partially out of the carb housing. Well eazy peazy I think. Get that all back in shape and it runs like new money.
Except, you can't cut it off..
Have you ever replaced the wiring harness in a MS201TCM. With 70 year old shakes ?
It is fun.
Anyhow, it can run with a broken wire in the wiring harness.
I have one with a damaged wire in the harness that was pinched, the saw will run but break up intermittently.

Latest posts

Back