Bad gas? Weird running issues.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welderman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello I im having a issue I can't seem to figure out. I had a little homelite xl I fixed for the neighbor. New fuel lines a. Little tuning ran good. Then I let it sit a few days and topped off the gas and it started bogging and would die like it ran out of gas. So I ordered a carb kit. Yesterday I had a poulan 5020 I was selling I had just used it 3 days ago and it ran fine. So I topped it off with gas for the guy and it started to run just like the homelite. Hard to start and didn't want to rev out. Now today I had a pp4218 that I was getting ready to sell it ran great 2 days I filled thentank and now the same thing. This gas I used is 87 because the rec fuel pump was down. And vp oil 40 to 1. At first I thought it was a carb issues but adjusting the carb had little affect on it. It would run then bog and stall and now that 3 saws are having them same issues. I wonder if it could be the gas

Attachments

• 20240221_174022.mp4
    13.8 MB
  • 20240221_173751.mp4
    39.7 MB
Yes absolutely faulty fuel could be it, especially if it's ethanol fuel over a couple months old.
Logic says the fuel. Also the easiest thing to eliminate. Make sure you dump the tanks, refill with fresh fuel and run long enough to be sure the fresh fuel is running the saws.

I had the the fuel for a 3 weeks or so. It seem to run ok in a ms180 I did a carb swap on but I didn't run it much. Then the little xl I just figured carb issues but when it got to 3 saws all the same I knew something was up

This is the fuel after sitting 24 hours. I haven't had time to get new gas or check on anything else. I will definitely post back whatbi find out

Attachments

• 20240227_201310.jpg
    20240227_201310.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Back