correct assessment guys...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick62

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I put that walbro on the 064, and it sure dialed in nice.
Took it out to play a little this afternoon. Same situation.
Ok... i got it now. when it will run, it sure runs nice. Put a load on it, and it expires quite quickly.
However this carb is nice enough to tell me that we went lean and then died...
Where is the fuel? In the tank.
Filter? checked it, it is fine. Elbo looks fine. Little hose to the carb? fine.
Line going into the tank... split.

I might have done it prying it out of the tank but honestly I don't think so. but that would answer the fuel supply problem.
when I took the saw apart, the line was empty... where did that fuel go?? back into the tank no doubt...

New lines (always order two) are on order. Along with the missing grommet for the carb screws.

My biggest problem with aftermarket fuel lines and filters, are the ones that will not pass fuel. Had two recently and 2 more in the past. Sometimes the few dollars spent on OEM saves a LOT of head scratching.
By the way, those orange filters have not been used by Stihl since the 80s.

AM lines full of casting flash? Have found many carbs with blocked internal screens full of bits of casting flash from inside the lines. I will personally never install an AM line on any saw, just not worth the headaches.

Black and shiny is AM every time. Too much plastic, not enough rubber
Exactly, I can detect them from 10 feet away, an OEM one will be dull black or even at times a new OEM one can look like it has a sort of white/dull grey powder on the outer surface, never shiny vinyl like.

Latest posts

Back