Poulan 3300 no fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the tester specifically for small motors? If it's not a good tester will still read low. 90 psi is definitely low & if thats accurate I'd be surprised if it ran without issues... & it most certainly wouldn't run well.
Pulling the exhaust & inspecting the piston wouldn't be a bad idea

Is the tester specifically for small motors? If it's not a good tester will still read low. 90 psi is definitely low & if thats accurate I'd be surprised if it ran without issues... & it most certainly wouldn't run well.
Pulling the exhaust & inspecting the piston wouldn't be a bad idea
No sir it's an automotive tester. It does have Schrader valve in it though. Not sure if that matters. I did pull muffler off looked great minimal couple light scratches at most. I took my pocket screwdriver rings seem to move freely. What kind of tester should I search for?

No sir it's an automotive tester. It does have Schrader valve in it though. Not sure if that matters. I did pull muffler off looked great minimal couple light scratches at most. I took my pocket screwdriver rings seem to move freely. What kind of tester should I search for?
Testers specifically for small engines tend to have a very short tube & the schrader valve needs to be in the end of the tube that screws into the cylinder. The further the valve is from the cylinder the more tube the cylinder will have to "fill" before it starts building compression. This will result in a proportionally lower compression being achieved (the smaller the cylinder the more significant the drop)

RCR you seem to be a guru on these model poulans. The 3300 is running now and has been before the last problem that y'all helped me with. But I did check compression like y'all suggested it was 90 psi with a known good matco tester from my work. My question is should I be worried? They are new caber rings I put in about a year ago.
I've never seen that low on one of these that ran. IMO gage aint right or ring wore. Valve needs to be in bottom end of gage.

Here is difference of 120psi rings on 372 and new set that pulled 140psi. See how wore they are.

Got to be gage or you not pulling over long enough. Got to pull till stops climbing up.

All you need is a TU21 small engine tester. It dont break the bank either. 25-35 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3932140087...7Ni5YvV873kBhXwOpckZf7AAqw|tkp:Bk9SR9DOiO6tYw

Attachments

• ringsoldnew.jpg
    ringsoldnew.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • p4000psi4.jpg
    p4000psi4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
I've never seen that low on one of these that ran. IMO gage aint right or ring wore. Valve needs to be in bottom end of gage.

Here is difference of 120psi rings on 372 and new set that pulled 140psi. See how wore they are.

Got to be gage or you not pulling over long enough. Got to pull till stops climbing up.

All you need is a TU21 small engine tester. It dont break the bank either. 25-35 shipped. https://www.ebay.com/itm/393214008772?epid=783493154&hash=item5b8d619dc4:g:DN0AAOSwZ-1gWSo4&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4EdHCH2/4vwCqPT348IEvoXnV31HYB3NIe4+ynkteZoQZFFfGe36SAv0juqmLM0D1+hqrCJibvu4/04qzSHdsj+gWMTBMeO4ikU7oZmJKZ4CkZ3PTTJajQLASK1q6D9de9+rXA7hz/VB3L7Wp7IbSj52I+UO37iXLo5EPB4D0BCqwvxdt72IrWj7I4u7wq6F7XhaYEffBL5JG3+HswptHIzNFt4i3jt+ZkSo2eCAVnsAoTgRfXXuZFD5ty+PIyWVVip8KUUjKq+JRvznKG7Ni5YvV873kBhXwOpckZf7AAqw|tkp:Bk9SR9DOiO6tYw
Yes I believe you are right it's the gauge I'm using because I took it out today get good size load of firewood. She ran well idled well and I pulled plug out light brown caramel color. The gauge I was using had Schrader in hose at tip but just not good for chainsaws. Thanks for pictures of rings I will always compare them now.

Testers specifically for small engines tend to have a very short tube & the schrader valve needs to be in the end of the tube that screws into the cylinder. The further the valve is from the cylinder the more tube the cylinder will have to "fill" before it starts building compression. This will result in a proportionally lower compression being achieved (the smaller the cylinder the more significant the drop)
I agree sir

Latest posts

Back