Another poulan 3300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Besawin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello again fellas couple weeks ago you guys helped me get my 3300 going again. Well I have no good reason but I just purchased another 3300. Usually in past I get a saw I always without checking would just put new crank seals in whether Stihl echo poulan whatever. And so far it has served me well never had a problem. My question is this 3300 looks good but is around 30 years old , should I put seals in as good insurance or not worry? If so is the correct part number 530019146 or is that the little oil pump seal? Thanks in advance

I'd try it out first. I have had many that didnt need crank seals to date. Hardly ever the oil pump one.

My dads bought new 3300 has never had seals put in it to date. Think he bought it in 94. He rode it hard and put up wet on the farm.

Since I got it from him it lives the easy life. He fought cancer and no longer can start it. I went through it and cleaned up up to save.
I gave him a small easy start saw for Christmas one year.

You have right number for crank seal. NLA. So have to get lucky and find dealer with old stock.

I dont have this many left anymore. But do have enough.

Attachments

• psealsssss.jpg
    psealsssss.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
  • p3300dad94.jpg
    p3300dad94.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 0
Thanks man you seem like the go to guy on the poulans and that's why I was wondering. The seals seem to be hard to find. I will go ahead and give it a try, well when I get a kit in mail. Diaphram very stiff, piston rings and cylinder look good though. Thanks again man I will run it and report back

Hello again fellas couple weeks ago you guys helped me get my 3300 going again. Well I have no good reason but I just purchased another 3300. Usually in past I get a saw I always without checking would just put new crank seals in whether Stihl echo poulan whatever. And so far it has served me well never had a problem. My question is this 3300 looks good but is around 30 years old , should I put seals in as good insurance or not worry? If so is the correct part number 530019146 or is that the little oil pump seal? Thanks in advance

The modern replacement for the seals is a National 15X35X5.

The seal is rubber coated as are most metric seals today and they work great.

Thanks guy I did find them and ordered some for backup. I'm gonna try it like it is 1st like rcr suggested. Good insurance knowing some is coming in the mail though. Got my hda49 kit hope to try it out tomorrow and report back

Alright fellas she is a runner strong too. Got it good and hot, idles well, and strong in the cut. I got luck on the low side didn't need to adjust. High side had to tweek little bit. It has full chisel teeth and chain has some big bumpers in front of rakers I have never seen one like that. My dad says it's some kind of safety

Also wanted to add that it feels way stronger than my other 3300 don't know why any suggestions? My other one I put caber rings in it could that be bad it being a bare bore cylinder.

Also wanted to add that it feels way stronger than my other 3300 don't know why any suggestions? My other one I put caber rings in it could that be bad it being a bare bore cylinder.
Not all that familiar with the bare bore Poulans. I know the piston is chrome plated, believe the rings (face) are as well? I would think standard cast iron rings would wear the cylinder pretty quick.

Another guy I was talking to in my group just got lucky and his husky dealer had some old stock available too. So IMO always try that route first.
None around my local forever. Why I have to order in from 4-5 states away to get mine.

I know guys that tried that rubber coated seals and they leaked with use over time. Not as tight fit or something. Never tried those and I wont because of feedback from others.
Go with the boat seals that match up in pic below. Gary a boat tech I think matched them up for us.

Just like I use trans seals for the 3400 - 4000 saws. I order those from rockauto. 2 pics for those included.

http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-parts-nla/

Attachments

• psealsboatt.jpg
    psealsboatt.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0
  • pseal34.jpg
    pseal34.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
  • pseal34444.jpg
    pseal34444.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 0
  • psealev.jpg
    psealev.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
I like the idea of the old style seal if possible but good to know another one out there. I don't know if it helps or not but I usually skim a very light coat of yamabond 4 around outer edge of seal just encase of any casting imperfections. I've used it as base gasket delete twice sofar no problems. Any opinions on poulan 3500?

Another guy I was talking to in my group just got lucky and his husky dealer had some old stock available too. So IMO always try that route first.
None around my local forever. Why I have to order in from 4-5 states away to get mine.

I know guys that tried that rubber coated seals and they leaked with use over time. Not as tight fit or something. Never tried those and I wont because of feedback from others.
Go with the boat seals that match up in pic below. Gary a boat tech I think matched them up for us.

Just like I use trans seals for the 3400 - 4000 saws. I order those from rockauto. 2 pics for those included.

http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/poulan/poulan-parts-nla/
What is skf or national part number for crankcase seal I think I'm pulling up oil pump seal for 3300

Latest posts

Back