Stihl 034 av

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Besawin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks to guys here on AS I have got two in a row running strong. Poulan 3300s. Next one is a Stihl 034 av. Here's the story.
Bout 2 years ago had a friend bring the saw he found at garage sale. I put new crank seals, base gasket,cylinder and piston for an 036 from dukes saw salvage. New fuel line and carb kit. Also the carb says hong Kong on top of it. Anyhow I ran it off and on past couple years for firewood it has 24 inch bar very sharp chain and I don't force it cause I know it's not quite big enough for that. It had been setting past couple months. I tried starting pulled about 30 times with fresh gas never popped. Btw in the past it always took about 12 pulls to pop but then good rest of day. Diaphram was hard so I ordered kit installed and can't get it to pull fuel. Impulse is good pulse from cylinder. Metering lever is flush with carb body. I've moved lever up and down trying to get something happening. Any suggestions very grateful thanks

The choke on them can be stubborn getting them to fully close. I had some that evidently the filter cover was close enough to the linkage to interfere with it fully closing cause when i popped the cover off the filter it would choke and start fine. Sometimes a different cover wouldn't hang up. The linkages can also get bent from forcing.

Latest posts

Back