If you were to.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still here,,,,,,,,,just reading all the replies. Didn't expect to be preached to. Just because I asked about climbing gear,,,,doesn't mean I am going out the next day and climb. I've been crazy in some of my days ,, but I am not stupid( Exander ) , just curious for now. Of course some of you were nice enough to give me a strait answer ON WHAT I ASKED,,, thanks. For now I'll just make money with my new VERMEER stump grinder and keep removing the downed trees with my skid loader..........but one day ........ :D

Dogdad, I am glad you were able to read between the BS, and hopefully understand that MOST of us were speaking on behalf of safety. There have been some offers here that could provide you with a great opportunity to learn a great trade and make some money too, all while under the watchful :Eye: of a pro. Pick up some gear, MAKE the time to do some recreational climbing, and go from there. 1)Be safe, 2)have fun, and 3)make some money in the long run. If you focus on the first two, the third point will likely fall into place ;)

Good summary, RedBull.

Speaking of VERMEER stump grinders, I can offer some more unsolicited advice on something you didn't ask.....

Pretty much no matter what you or anybody else asks, you're gonna get the safety speel. We care about our fellow tree worker, whether Pro or novice. It is our responsibility to guide you properly, and it starts with safety.

We really do wish you day to day success, and although this is your thread, dogdad, there are a slew of others who read it. The message is as much for them as it is for you.

Tree Machine .......read that weeks ago............ believe me ......I'm very safety conscious......for myself....as well as others AND their property. Not that age matters here,,,,,,, but I've been around as long as some of you and longer than alot of you.....my point: Life is short and I don't take it for granted as many seem to.

I like my Nwe Tribe saddle, but the I'm kinda partial since the only other saddle I've used is a Buckingham with a butt strap which is real uncomfortable. I use a New England Safety Blue Hi-Vee rope or a Yale Blaze rope. Silky handsaws, Echo trim saw, & Gecko gaffs. That pretty much sums up my climbing kit except for a few extra things. So...as far as brand goes, it depends on your budget and climbing style. About the only gear you'll hear a brand war about here are chainsaws. I'm a Husky guy for my big saw :D

Dogdad,
I'm just breaking your shoes..........don't take it personal, but.........don't take safety lightly. It is easy to get hurt doing what you know, but it's easier if your doing something your not an expert in. You seem to own the larger equipment. Hire a climber to work for you part time. It's hard to orchestrate the ground from the tree. You'll make more money and have less headaches if you run the equipment and have others climb and chip.

My $.02

Back