Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something more generic if you're trying to get 100-200 groups together. Firewood Cutting Charities Groups of North America, or something.

My birthday cake.

abce6b80145f8cc0a30042df249dd989.jpg

Hand carved cake topper

7c61936846b15c852f091ade9d59d07f.jpg

I am both intrigued, and deeply disturbed. :p

They couldn't find orange frosting for the chainsaw? Come on, that's one of the easiest color mixes out there. You know, worst case, Makita blue, which would be 1 blue 1 green.
foodcoloring.jpg

But not Mac Yellow, because that'd be just freaky.

I am both intrigued, and deeply disturbed. [emoji14]

They couldn't find orange frosting for the chainsaw? Come on, that's one of the easiest color mixes out there. You know, worst case, Makita blue, which would be 1 blue 1 green.
foodcoloring.jpg

But not Mac Yellow, because that'd be just freaky.
The chainsaw is carved out of wood. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Bump. I am having a firewood processor coming in on Oct 15th 2016. He can only do 20" and smaller wood. Plus I think the processor needs to be 6 ft or longer. The processor wood is for myself and the extreme tree guys but there is plenty of wood to add to the charity cut pile. The short logs under 6 ft long and lots just over 20 inches. The cook has other plans that day so we are on our own. I will order donuts for the morning and pizza and chicken for lunch.

Email, text or PM me if you think you might be coming to hangout. If you have not already. Processor will be here to setup at 7 am. Then see how much room we have after he is setup. Forecast is 9 mph winds from the west. Cloudy and high of 72. Finished up 4 cord of white oak yesterday and realized I will need to pickup a few case of water and more coffee.

Have a great week
Doug

That looks like a pretty epic pile of wood. I'm thinking you're gonna be getting some, what they call 2nd/3rd hay season fade. Always lots of people around for the first cut, 8 people, 500-600 bales, no problem. 2nd cutting, 700-800 bales, you have to bribe people actual money to show up, and maybe get 6 people. 3rd cutting, maybe its time to invite over poor relations that you hate and never wanna see again, because none of the people from the first two cuts are answering their phones. :D

I sure would like to come and help but I'm in the middle of harvest, no time for me to do anything else right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Email, text or PM me if you think you might be coming to hangout. If you have not already. Processor will be here to setup at 7 am. Then see how much room we have after he is setup. Forecast is 9 mph winds from the west. Cloudy and high of 72. Finished up 4 cord of white oak yesterday and realized I will need to pickup a few case of water and more coffee.

Have a great week
Doug
Those trees must pay!! :chainsaw::chop:

:cheers:

Back