Iowa Charity Cut -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about equipment. Planning to have two large hydro splitters and two kinetic splitters. Don't think I will have the elevator going by then. It is a 40' Kewanee 500. The rims a busted up but don't plan to go down the road with it.

Just brought home two more good loads of wood. One of the hydro is new so I can't wait to see it in action. The for your eyes only pictures are amazing. You will have come to the GTG CC to see it in action.

There will be plenty of food for all.

Doug, on my elevator, I just replaced the axle with a mobile home axle. Idler axle with 2 tires, 14 ply = $120. Reasonable priced upgrade.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing Doug loading his dump trailers with an end loader... LOL!

Let me know when and what you need help with Doug. I know we have WKY first, but doesn't mean prep shouldn't start soon (if it hasn't already).

bbfd34fce26726098d4612795a9cc3af.jpg

The rest of the score pictures. Prep has already started. The garage is cleaned! Having the lift in someone else's garage helped with the cleaning. Now if the grass would quit growing.

The rest of the score pictures. Prep has already started. The garage is cleaned! Having the lift in someone else's garage helped with the cleaning. Now if the grass would quit growing.
You just need to cover all that grass with wood chip.

I tried wood chips. 60 yards of wood chips and still mowing. It did help a little. What I need is a dust mop. The garage floor still has a dustiness. Also got rid on one of my cars. The 67 Olds 442 clone.

I tried wood chips. 60 yards of wood chips and still mowing. It did help a little. What I need is a dust mop. The garage floor still has a dustiness. Also got rid on one of my cars. The 67 Olds 442 clone.

Where was that? I remembered a red car in the garage with the lift... Had I known you had that I woulda stolen it and run some rubber off the tires for you... :)

I now have two more kinetic splitters planning to come help split wood. A manufacture from Illinois Split Second Splitter has accepted my invite and the design engineers are planning to help split and bringing two splitters to help split and demo. They are not the sales people but the design team. :clap:

I now have two more kinetic splitters planning to come help split wood. A manufacture from Illinois Split Second Splitter has accepted my invite and the design engineers are planning to help split and bringing two splitters to help split and demo. They are not the sales people but the design team. :clap:
I saw those ads, watched some vids. Just not sold on them yet. We cut & split big rounds, don't want to lift them.

The MTD in your signature needs "powered by Honda" behind it... :rock:

If I have time does anyone want me to run over to doug's and make some of those logs into race cants? I know it's a charity cut, but I've been looking for an excuse to get the chainsaw mills out. plus the milled off pieces can be made into fire wood pretty easy right? o_O

Sure do wish I could be there!

Looking forward to some videos of the "Split Second" Splitters in action with the feed back from the AS operators.

Mike, I have participated on the tread & issued the challenge to them to link up with Doug so we, AS members, could give them an honest try & feedback, that is what I was referring to.

I watched it also. Don't know about the two handed operation of the activation of the ram. Some piece have to be held at the right angle to split. Guess several will find out. Should be a good day.

Back