Jonsered cs-2152 rebuild/ upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Reaction score
Recently got this saw for free and it runs good but lacks on power a little. It leaks bar oil as well so i would like to address that ro while im in there even though it seems to be a common issue. From my recent reading, it seems you can bolt on a jug/ piston kit from a 2156 so i intend do that. I also would like to rebuild the carb while im at it. Does anyone sell a complete upgrade/ rebuild kit here so im not searching for parts all over?

This is my first build on a saw but i have done a few small engines. If anyone has advice or words of wisdom they are appreciated.

I have a jonsered 2094 they're both very similar minds around 94 CC I think yours is a little bit bigger. Nonetheless as far as a rebuild kit goes for the Tillotson carburetor you may have to go to the Tillotson website for that though I'm not exactly sure if it is Flowing smoothly there is no reason to rebuild it until the time comes just my opinion on that. As far as I rebuild kit 4 the engine you can get those all over on the internet. When I got my saw I just replaced piston rings which was all that was needed, I got them from Jacks Small Engines. It is a fairly easy salt to rebuild so as long as you have the proper tools you shouldn't have any problems make sure you get the crank, rod and piston bearings. If I had any advice it would be make sure you give all the parts you're going to reuse an in-depth and detailed cleaning. Let me know how it is coming and comes along.
good luck on the build

Back