Huskee 22ton log splitter/Predator engine upgrades

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Wallace

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Alright, well I have a old (20+yr) Huskee 22ton log splitter and it's B.Stratton 650 series 6.5hp is essentially falling apart, replacing the parts on said engine would cost as much as a new engine.. so I was considering a Harbor Freight Predator 212cc or 224cc engine, and I figured that while I'm at it "why not replace the Hydraulic pump with a higher GPM variety?" So, going to look I found this:
Log Splitter Build Kit: 13 GPM Pump, Coupler, Pump Mount, Bolts, for Huskee, Speeco, etc. for DIY Splitter Project or Repair, for 3/4" Engine Crankshaft https://a.co/d/i1336Pj
I really wanted to see if anyone who has perhaps done such a thing themselves knows or can find out if the bolt-pattern of the pump/coupler and engine would be correct? (There are complete kits with a 7.5hp 212cc AGKNX engine included, but they are $100+ extra and unknown engine quality, the Predator engines are pretty well known for being good quality and the price is right) I was even considering going to a 16gpm pump and using the 224cc Predator Engine if I could find someone who'd know the parts I'd need but even if someone could just confirm that the kit I linked for the 13gpm and 212cc Predator would be compatible I'd do that.. I split prob 30 cord per year just at my own property so a faster cycle time is worthwhile.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Back