Didier Log Splitter Help Needed- Hydraulics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary C.

Reaction score
Hello all,
New member here. I picked up a Didier that was pretty poorly maintained and I'm trying to resurrect it.

Sometime in the past it had a Predator 212cc engine anda newer coupler installed. After a carb cleaning and gas tank replacement the engine runs fine. The gas tank was so rusty inside as to be unsalvageable.

My issue is no pressure from the pump, its actually sucking from the pressure side. With the piston retracted the reservoir is full. I noted that the engine, as you face the shaft side, rotates counter clockwise and of course the pump rotates clockwise as you face the shaft side of the pump.

Is the problem with rotation direction? I bought this from a gentleman who was sick with cancer and all he could remember was it worked a few years ago. He didn't remember if it worked after the engine change. He also added that it needed seals. I want to get the hydraulics working before I start replacing seals.

Lastly, I don't know the model number or year of manufacture so I'm including pictures if anyone could identify it for me.
I did read thru the many posts about this brand but didn't see any having my particular problem.
Thanks in advance, Gary C.

Attachments

• Splitter 2.jpg
    Splitter 2.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Splitter1.jpg
    Splitter1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 0
Back