July was fairly productive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
IMG_2412.JPG IMG_2413.JPG We always want to get done more than we do but this pile represents what I got done wood wise in July. The pile is just over 60 feet long. In the 1 picture you can see my cutoffs pile which go to people with small stoves and on the pallet is longer wood for people who want bigger than my standard 16". In the other picture you see my wooden bin which is where all the uglies go and get burned in my OWB.

Nice! You sell the whole pile this fall then? If so how dry does it get before it leaves?
That's probably about 20 cords or so. I will sell over 100 before thanksgiving. I can't give you an exact description of how dry it will be but I do this every year and can't keep up with demand.

You really have a good customer base going.
Back when i sold wood, I'd tell my customers beforehand whether i was bringing seasoned or Green.

I loved the ones that knew exactly what they wanted and how to prepare.
Another words, i couldn't always bring completely seasoned and didn't want to have to educate nor did a want them having a chimney fire.

If I pilled my wood like that and left it, the wood on the bottom would be rotten in 6 months. Oak rots fast down here in this humidity. Once the fungus starts in, it's toast. I can split green wood today and the wood on the bottom of the pile would have fungus starting, in just a few days.

If I pilled my wood like that and left it, the wood on the bottom would be rotten in 6 months. Oak rots fast down here in this humidity. Once the fungus starts in, it's toast. I can split green wood today and the wood on the bottom of the pile would have fungus starting, in just a few days.
Absolute full sun and exposure to wind is a must. These piles are in the middle of a field.

It would still rot down here. Been there done that.

We wouldn't get our wood dry that way down here in that timeframe either but over there it obviously it still works out ok for seller and buyer in this case. What's the wood @jrider ? And how is August coming along now that you're half way through?

We wouldn't get our wood dry that way down here in that timeframe either but over there it obviously it still works out ok for seller and buyer in this case. What's the wood @jrider ? And how is August coming along now that you're half way through?
First half of the month was great work wise. Not getting anything done for a week now that the wife and I are Antigua bound without kids! I sell oak separately so that's a pile and then mixed hardwood is just about everything else.

Back