Junior Logger?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a 4 or 5 year old great nephew. I just had a brain fart and have asked his mom if a toy chainsaw is acceptable. The kid is crazy about heavy equipment. Then I began thinking about a hard hat. I'll go into the Men's Candy Store and see what the smallest skull bucket suspension is, and maybe send the flea market MacT along with the saw. Now, if I can find the one remaining Northman Logging sticker, or something along those lines...

I'll send some suspenders along too, and maybe put together a picture book. The kid lives on the east coast:(
but maybe he can have the PNW look? Probably talks funny too.:)

We bought my son suspenders for little brother's wedding last month, and he was upset that they weren't red like mine. ;)
(Brown, had to match wedding colors)

I'm not sure about a legit HH, but there was one in a kit from Home dePot a few years ago that someone gifted my son; cheap, but there's not much demand for an ANSI hard hat in sizes smaller than 6 1/2.....

I'm thinking a small suspension in the MacT with a lot of padding. I'll let his mom know that a Mac T is a collector item.
GEDC0692.JPG
Since the paint is flaking off, I'll try to take it off. I'll put some reflector tape on my shopping list and will use that for sprucing it up.

Or a smaller version of that older
bumper sticker to go on the hat.
'Sierra Club Kiss My Axe'

I seen on Cowlitz sight they have Hickory shirts in mini sizes, that is, if you wanna go all out.

I am thinking about that. I can buy those off the shelf in Chehalis. Both saw shops carry them along with suspenders for kids. They even have ruffled Hickory Shirts for babies. According to the smaller saw shop, Stihl quit making toy saws. I did see a Husky on display at the bigger place.

Well, I will start with nail polish remover.

I am thinking about that. I can buy those off the shelf in Chehalis. Both saw shops carry them along with suspenders for kids. They even have ruffled Hickory Shirts for babies. According to the smaller saw shop, Stihl quit making toy saws. I did see a Husky on display at the bigger place.

Well, I will start with nail polish remover.
Husky is the only one Ive seen in years.
Littleman has one.

Careful with this.

I did this with 3 so far. Now two of them are each getting an o26 this year. The other is a couple years from that yet, but it's coming. This does not count the boy he just got a flat top 66.

Not a bad way to start a kid off in life.

Owl

Some may object that 5 YO is too young, but pop bought me a hatchet when I was 5 YO, I bought son an Eastwing hatchet when he was 5 YO (48 YO now, still has it) - broke the string though, and the grandkids wanted machettes! First time each of them felled a 5" dbh or so fir with one, they were thrilled, think it took a couple of hours over a few weeks. Neighbors though I suddenly had a beaver in the back <G>. 5 YO does not need as good an aim with machete as with a small hatchet.

more stickers can be sent if needed.

Also I have an old 6 point hat with a FS badge glued to the front and a Lloyd logging sticker on the side, I didn't pay much for it, lots of "authentic dents" it could go to a good cause. Besides I found a prestine Mac T for cheap a few days ago.

Ma turned me loose with a Mac 10 top handle saw when I was 6, the neighbor kids had the toy one... I of course informed them it was lame... a fist fight ensued...

more stickers can be sent if needed.

Also I have an old 6 point hat with a FS badge glued to the front and a Lloyd logging sticker on the side, I didn't pay much for it, lots of "authentic dents" it could go to a good cause. Besides I found a prestine Mac T for cheap a few days ago.

Ma turned me loose with a Mac 10 top handle saw when I was 6, the neighbor kids had the toy one... I of course informed them it was lame... a fist fight ensued...

I'll take the Northman sticker. PM me your address and I can send a stamped envelope.
Lloyd Logging was based in Twisp, WA. I don't know if they logged over the pass. They worked for many years in Okanogan County and then switched over to mostly doing road construction--they got some highway contracts. I do remember one of them going up the Twisp River or I should say in the Twisp River on a cat to bust up an ice jam.
I think it was Bud Lloyd? He got the ice cleared enough so the river didn't flood or knock out the bridge.

I'll take the Northman sticker. PM me your address and I can send a stamped envelope.
Lloyd Logging was based in Twisp, WA. I don't know if they logged over the pass. They worked for many years in Okanogan County and then switched over to mostly doing road construction--they got some highway contracts. I do remember one of them going up the Twisp River or I should say in the Twisp River on a cat to bust up an ice jam.
I think it was Bud Lloyd? He got the ice cleared enough so the river didn't flood or knock out the bridge.

PM sent

I found two of them 6pt hats at a junk store in Everett, $2 a piece, one of em was painted up like a watermelon? The other is the Lloyd, converted it to 4pt suspension and sometimes use it for when someone wants to hang out on the landing for a day, or if the help forgot thiers. Should probably break down some day and get a modern hat for a visitor though... I'm always on the look out for a good Mac T though, along with drip torches, and indian fire pumps... found a hodad the other day, but they wanted to much...

My 2 year old daughter Kennedy has a Husky

b464782c418ab92d0410e254a2da0519.jpg

Back