log/firewood holders

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesel&coffee

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
anyone made a firewood/log holder... I see baileys has a Swedish one.. Don't know how good it is... But was just looking for something "strong" but portable.. Does not have to have logs that high off the gound like in compitition.. Just a really strong setup for hardwood rounds say up to 15" for av.

diff question - anyone ever use this one..

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=CB41&catID=

Last edited:
I made one like this a couple of summers ago, works pretty good, easy enough to make. I've never put a pdf file in a thread before, so if it doesn't work, PM me your email address and I'll send it to you

Thanks to Nic, Fatguy, for the PDF. I made mine this afternoon. It only takes 5 2x4 studs, a few screws, 2 1/4" dowel, and about 5' of chain.

469295532_y4bwp-M.jpg
469295492_Vxoiu-M.jpg

469295536_jximZ-M.jpg
469295595_uJSbP-M.jpg

chainsaw buddy

I bought a chainsaw buddy a few years back. It actually works as advertised but I've only used it a couple of times when cutting up some branchy trees close to the house. I had an extra saw I put it on so I wasn't having to remove it every time I wanted to buck up some bigger stuff.

If you are planning on cutting a lot of small stuff on the ground I'd say they do a good job of keeping the chain out of the dirt and the branches from rolling up the bar too far.

I made a saw buck but now that my back is not as young as it used to be I don't use it and prefer to use a log jack.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
My Sawbuck

I made this one five years ago. I used it today to bring in a cord of mulberry (snarly stuff, but it worked great).
Sawbuck1.jpg

Sawbuck2.jpg

Sawbuck3.jpg

What I like about it is that it's strong as an ape. Much of the time, I cut straight down the center and let the ends flop to the side. However, I also cut to either side.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back