Log lifting tongs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are skidding tongs and lifting tongs. Each is different by the angle of the points. Plus the lifting tongs are heavier. (And more expensive.)
Just go to Bailey's http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=17996L&catID= and check them out. They are certified for overhead lifting.

Right.They are different,but boy are you paying for that "certified" for lifting.Five hundred bucks!Ill stick to my skidding tongs and stay out from under it.So far they have never dropped anything on my melon.

was heading to mo, to pick up a gene. guy in area had a set of tongs on ebay--bought them,and when pickup up gene--picked up tongs---he never had used them. but i asked where he got them. whoever the sawmill co is in kscity, they have them on hand--we stopped to look at sawmills,and seen them stacked on a pallet, he said they charged 125.00......ive used mine for three years, and they are TOUGH!!!! have lifted a 48 inch dia ash--green, 24 inches long, and they dont even move in the bow area--serious. they are of some type of forging, as there are part lines up the sides of the bow area. and they came already sharpened!!!! wayyy good investment. way they are built,should last forever--

i got an email from northern today, they are now 15 percent off (sale)....
i am certain i've lifted logs/trees well over 2000 lbs. with mine many times and they just keep on tikin..

attachment.php

attachment.php

These were made out of ice tongs work really good.

Beefie

Back