looking for Ryobi RCS 3540 C parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matto

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

about 10 years ago I received for my birtday my first chainsaw. It was, and still is, a Ryobi RCS3540
Off course not a great saw, but it has now a sentimental value for me.

It hasn't been used a lot, so all the parts are still in verry good shape.
I cleaned the carb, replaced the diafragms, changed all the fuel lines, filters,... and it ran great for a few hours.
After that the engine speeded up, idled verry fast, no power, and died... (obviously an air leak)

I disassembled the carb and intake booth and I found the problem. There is a rubber seal at the two inlet holes for the air.
The thin lips of that seal are dried out and broke off.

Now, I went to my local stores where I usualy buy all my spares (For my Stihls and Echos) but they can't get this part.
They ordered some other Ryobi parts, witch they received, but this actual part they can't get them anymore.

So my question is if one of you can help me get this part, or maybe has a same old saw witch I could get the part from?

Saw: Ryobi RCS 3540 C

On the Ryobi website I found the partnumber of the whole intake booth set: 5131008588
But I only need the rubber seal.

some pics attached of the seal I need.

PS: sorry for my week English...ryobi 1.jpg IMG_2913.JPG IMG_2914.JPG IMG_2915.JPG

Imo pull the muffler and check the piston for scoring because I had that seal fail and it caused scoring on the exhaust side of the piston.

Imo pull the muffler and check the piston for scoring because I had that seal fail and it caused scoring on the exhaust side of the piston.
How? At full throttle the valve is wide open anyway - it should only effect idle speed and L mixture setting.

I'm going to have to pick up a spare air valve as I don't have any of those right now.

Interesting that with that seal downstream the leaky shaft seal issue on the Jenn Feng valves would not be a problem. On the other hand they have a poppet type rubber seal up top that won't be subject to rubbing like this one.

It happens during the transition to wot, most times the idle was fine but when you go to wot it caused a little surging, when the throttle closed sometimes the valve would hang open slightly because of the part of the seal that was damaged, this caused it to stall sometimes but usually just a higher idle. If I remember right, it's only been six years.

That leak also causes a transfer imbalance because more air is pulled into one of the transfers during the cycle.

Thanks Nathan for your help! I appreciate it!
After checking it is indeed the same part.
You guys in the US have realy great webshops and easy to find parts... :)

I'd like to order it on Jacksmallengines but I have a problem:
I don't have an international creditcard. And shiping to Belgium is 36$ so the total amount would be 51$...for a little seal

how can I figure this out...?
Maybe you can order and ship me the part, and I'll send you some fine Belgian Chocolats? :)

Just to show you, the piston is in good condition.
The saw realy hasn't been used a lot

IMG_2917.JPG IMG_2918.JPG

Here in Romania i found that Alpina and Castor[italian-chinese Zenoah clones] are selling strato saws. If you can find a Alpina and Castor dealer look for Castor 40 cc saw and a parts list. Here a Oleo Mac dealer sells these also. The strato is Castor CP422S.

Here in Romania i found that Alpina and Castor[italian-chinese Zenoah clones] are selling strato saws. If you can find a Alpina and Castor dealer look for Castor 40 cc saw and a parts list. Here a Oleo Mac dealer sells these also. The strato is Castor CP422S.

I've seen these saws. They are sold under all GGP brands (Alpina, Castor, Mountfield etc) and also as "Mitox". I think they are effectively one and the same as the Ryobi apart from plastic colors, possibly made for GGP by the same factory which built the Ryobi.
Spares can be obtained directly from GGP with a caveat: they are rabidly expensive, especially when the price of a brand new Alpina/Castor saw is taken into account.

I have also a 40 cc strato clone . The crank shaft thread is bigger than Ryobi[ Ryobi has the same thread like the G3800 and 37 cc clones]. The clutch is diferent from Ryobi and Redmax. I think these are made by Jenn Feng in Taiwan.

Hello Matto,
Greetings from Holland. I own a Ryobi RCS 4046C from wich i had a defective plastic oilpump drive worm.
I gave the part number in the Internet and found out that it had a Husqvarna part number.
I could order it at the local Husqvarna dealer, it took 2 weeks to deliver.
Husqvarna took over the Zenoah brand and these Ryobi saws are family of the Zenoah GZ 400. Do not know if Zenoah had also models with smaller displacement.

I think Husqvarna should be able to provide the part if you are able to find the husqvarna part number.
I found this part number on the GZ 400 and it is available in Holland at Stierman De Leeuw who also import Oregon as far as i am informed. 848-C50-16F1

Greetings Josl

These are zenoah, unfortunately husqvarna doesn't have part numbers for zenoah saws other than the 543xp/gz4300.

I have also a 40 cc strato clone . The crank shaft thread is bigger than Ryobi[ Ryobi has the same thread like the G3800 and 37 cc clones]. The clutch is diferent from Ryobi and Redmax. I think these are made by Jenn Feng in Taiwan.

Interesting... do you think these changes were made to facilitate manufacturing (read: cut costs)?

Interesting... do you think these changes were made to facilitate manufacturing (read: cut costs)?
Jenn Feng started making the strato engines around 2004, about the same time Zenoah did. The engines will swap into a GZ400/4000, but the clutch, flywheel and bar studs threads are different. They were marketed as McCulloch, and my guess is that the thread changes may have been made to keep them compatible with other McCullochs. There are many other differences in the plastic housing parts, air valves, carbs, etc.

I just tore my JF MS4018 apart today to modify the porting a second time and put it back together. I'm interested to see how it runs tomorrow.....

Jenn Feng started making the strato engines around 2004, about the same time Zenoah did. The engines will swap into a GZ400/4000, but the clutch, flywheel and bar studs threads are different. They were marketed as McCulloch, and my guess is that the thread changes may have been made to keep them compatible with other McCullochs. There are many other differences in the plastic housing parts, air valves, carbs, etc.

I just tore my JF MS4018 apart today to modify the porting a second time and put it back together. I'm interested to see how it runs tomorrow.....

This may be the occasion to ask: what are the differences, if they exist, between a GZ4000 and a GZ400? I know the former was made in Japan and mostly sold as Zenoah and the latter made in China and mostly sold as RedMax, but besides that they look exactly the same to me.

This may be the occasion to ask: what are the differences, if they exist, between a GZ4000 and a GZ400? I know the former was made in Japan and mostly sold as Zenoah and the latter made in China and mostly sold as RedMax, but besides that they look exactly the same to me.
The GZ400 & GZ4000 have the same engine, metal chassis, air valve, muffler, clutch and basic design. The plastic parts are a bit different and have a rough finish as opposed to the smooth, glossy finish of the GZ4000. Apparently the GZ400 is assembled in China, but I think the GZ400 is a bit better saw. Compared to the GZ4000 it has a purge bulb, a different ZAMA carb with metal linkages, a better choke linkage and a taller filter cover with more room.

Hello Matto,
Greetings from Holland. I own a Ryobi RCS 4046C from wich i had a defective plastic oilpump drive worm.
I gave the part number in the Internet and found out that it had a Husqvarna part number.
I could order it at the local Husqvarna dealer, it took 2 weeks to deliver.
Husqvarna took over the Zenoah brand and these Ryobi saws are family of the Zenoah GZ 400. Do not know if Zenoah had also models with smaller displacement.

I think Husqvarna should be able to provide the part if you are able to find the husqvarna part number.
I found this part number on the GZ 400 and it is available in Holland at Stierman De Leeuw who also import Oregon as far as i am informed. 848-C50-16F1

Greetings Josl

Hi Jos,

On my RCS 3540 I had also had to replace the plastic oilpump drive worm. The threads were completely destroyed. The pump propably was blocked after all the years of no use, when I started it up. When I rebuild it I cleaned all the circuits and now it runs properly and distributes good oil.
That worm gear I ordered at my local store (Echo dealer, also Husvarna kawasaki Mitsubichi ... ) and they had no problem with that part. Is was available in 2 days.

Could you maybe check with your dealer if they can get the seal, and if possitive ship me the part?

Groetjes vanuit het regenachtig België :)

Back