Echo 303

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nwmo_aggie

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Tough to explain a bit.

Bought a lightly used 303t. Been using it quite a bit. Seems like quite a bit of saw dust getting in the box around the carburetor. Got to looking at it and there’s a passage that moves air from the clean air intake and routes it to the recoil housing. In that passage is a port that runs into the clean air box around the carb…so basically there’s a bypass around the filter. I feel like there’s a plug missing, but scouring the parts book, I can’t seem to find.

I did find this vague pic in the owners manual.

My question is for someone else with one of these, is that hole plugged in yours?

Attachments

• IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 0
Tough to explain a bit.

Bought a lightly used 303t. Been using it quite a bit. Seems like quite a bit of saw dust getting in the box around the carburetor. Got to looking at it and there’s a passage that moves air from the clean air intake and routes it to the recoil housing. In that passage is a port that runs into the clean air box around the carb…so basically there’s a bypass around the filter. I feel like there’s a plug missing, but scouring the parts book, I can’t seem to find.

I did find this vague pic in the owners manual.

My question is for someone else with one of these, is that hole plugged in yours?
I just checked my cs-3000. Pulled the recoil cover and it does not go all the way through.

Latest posts

Back