looking for used stumpgrinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOE

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a use tow behind stump grinder,(vermeer 665,672, rayco1665,etc.) in the upper midwest. Thanks

2001 Rayco 1672 DHX

I have a 2001 Rayco 1672 DHX available about 900 hrs. I can send pics.. Shoot me your email address.

Raygo RG 50 Stumper

I have a rayco rg50 for sale. About 200 hrs. Self propelled with a ton of HP for all size stumps.
can send pics.
email me at [email protected]
Steve

Jnz, I'm keeping your 1672 in mind. It's an awsome looking and obviously well cared for machine buts a bit out of my budget. I'm hoping to find one for under 10 grand and within a days drive from MN. This is a part time venture for me; I'm thinking a good vermeer 665 rayco 1665 or similar grinder would be good economical, horsepower for the big oak stumps we have around here.

How does the 1672 DXH compare to a 1672 M or 1670? I would have to think the direct drive models would be faster than a hydro,(all other factors being equal). What are the advantages of a hydro drive?

hydros are far more user freindly,and would last longer ive used 4 tow behinds recently and after using a DXH i wouldnt want the others.

Owned one Hydro - never again!!! Very user friendly, turn on the wheel and turn it off - very easy, very smooth, very quiet. Down here the heat poured off it - so bad that you could barely stand next to it. The handles got so hot I always wore gloves. It never seemed "Super" powerful but when it got hot = no power. Eventually it got to the point that it didn't have power even when cool. Changed fluids tried everything. Steele Tree Equipment wanted a fortune to fix it and wouldn't take it on trade. Sold it at an auction and went back to a mechanical drive tow behind.

Back