• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Magnolia Health

Zipway

Zipway

Hey all, just discovered your community and believe you can help with my magnolia situation.

I have a 40 year old magnolia that's a major feature of my property. I've lived here 3 years and every year it seems to be getting less and less healthy: fewer leaves, die-back, and leaf drop. Many leaves have brown or black spots on them.

I had an arborist stop by last year, but he wasn't very friendly and in 5 minutes recommended $5000 in services: cutting back the tree and starting injections. I'm not against paying to address the problem, but that seems unreasonable.

I hope you can point me in the direction of diagnosis and treatment.

Thanks for the help!

IMG_20200630_094257.jpg
IMG_20200630_094439.jpg

Attachments

Zipway

Zipway

I'm not sure he gave a specific diagnosis. Perhaps "something fungal" but it was a couple years ago and he was in a hurry. He explained that the tree needed to be cut back so it could concentrate its nutrients.

Perhaps I'll find a different arborist and give them a call.

NIP Group