MB Fitchburg 12 inch chipper with Funk PTO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B727

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
MB Fitchburg chipper with Funk F10B-1 PTO
Edit Conversation Mark as Unread Star Conversation Leave Conversation

1. B727 ArboristSite Lurker
    Have been away from this site for awhile but looking for expert and knowledgeable advice from forum members. The PTO release lever on my 12 inch MB Fitchburg drum chipper with Ford Industrial 330 HD engine will not fully disengage the 5 sheave drive pulley completely and allows the drum to continue to rotate. The lever used to go over center and completely disengage the drum from the drive pulley and allow the drum to come to a stop with engine running or rotate freely with engine shut off. The clutch is a single dry disc with typical automotive style pressure plate. I see no adjustment on the exterior of the Funk PTO drive bolted to the bell housing. If I remove the 4 bolts securing the PTO to the clutch bell housing is there any adjustment to the release fork and throwout bearing that will pull the clutch pressure plate away from flywheel slightly to fully release the friction faced drive disc and allow the drum to rotate freely? If I pull the engage lever slightly back from the over center release position towards engage the pressure plate is pulled slightly away from fly wheel and allows drive to release fully before locking up and engaging drive pulley. The data plate on the Funk PTO lists Model Number as C5-JZ-7275-B S/N 15353. Funk Mfg is out of business. Any information on the possible adjustment of the PTO drive would be sincerely appreciated.

B727, 11 minutes ago Edit Report

Back