McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pulled the oiler pump rod out of the tank.The spring was stuck,but by hitting the tank upside down on a board it came out.Apparently someone had this off once before because there was no check valve in the unit anywhere.I didn't see the check valve on the IPL anywhere,so I'm assuming that the fuel/oil tank unit I have is worthless.
Ed

I' was just going by the info you sent me last night.Anyway,I pulled the oiler rod out & now when I try to lock it back in,it won't stay in,it wants to pop out.There was something like a little stone that was stuck on the bottom of the spring.I left the oiler body in place,it seemed to be OK,no sense in trying to fix something that isn't broke.
Ed

I spoke with Bob Johnson earlier today about this situation.Apparently the oiler body isn't any good.I popped it out today & found it difn't have any thing inside it.The thing I thought was a little sone must've been part of the guts of the oiler body.I'm getting a good used tank assembly (part # 217762,NLA) from Bob.
So while waiting for parts for the E.B.& the 380 I decided to tinker with a couple more saws.I pulled the PM310 out of the back shed & it fired with some fuel in the carb,more parts to get.LolI also pulled a real nice looking 120 out too.The 120 is a little more involved - it needs a new recoil pulley & it didn't have any spark.So I've got to pull the engine out of the case to work on it.I got most of the work done on it so far,then I had to watch a video on YouTube to find out how to finish tearing it apart.It's somewhat of a pain to do,but it's not rocket science.Lol
Ed

Yeap sure are and good on them if that's what you're into. My mountain bike cost me 5k my mates was 16k could I ride a Walmart bike where I ride mine umm no not really not happily or at the speed I do. What ever you're into I say so fair enough. I'll stick with my 82cc that's big enough and scary enough for me and my little skinny ass.

Yeap sure are and good on them if that's what you're into. My mountain bike cost me 5k my mates was 16k could I ride a Walmart bike where I ride mine umm no not really not happily or at the speed I do. What ever you're into I say so fair enough. I'll stick with my 82cc that's big enough and scary enough for me and my little skinny ass.
Amen brother!
Ed

I've got a 1-75,95 cc.Someday in the future I'd like to tinker with it & get it running,but that saw kinda scares me a little bit.Ya gotta have respect for a saw with that many cc's.The other thing that scares me a little bit is how much that anchor weighs! Lol.
Ed

Well guys,I really don't know why so many people dislike working on the mini Macs.I tore down the 120 today (finished tearing down).It didn't have any spark so I checked the coil - good,I checked the condenser - good,I filed the points & gapped them.Now I have to rebuild the carb & wait for my parts to get here from Mr.Johnson,a new recoil pulley & new pawls.Then it goes back together & I've got myself a nicer little limber.
I bought two Mac saws on Sun.from a fella on OPE.He told me there was a Mac carb on the 10-10,which I thought kinda odd.I was thinking maybe he thought it was a 10-10,but was really a 2-10.The other saw was a 7-10.I got them both in the mail today & the first thing I did after opening the box was to check the carb on the 10-10,it was an SDC,it just had the Mac logo on it.The next thing I did was check for spark,both saws had spark & good compression.I put some fuel in the 10-10 carb & it fired up.Next I put fuel in the plug hole on the 7-10 & it fired a bit too.The front carry handle is buggered up,but I think with the help from an A-dapter kit I can get it fixed up.Whoever broke the handle wasn't a very good handyman,they put the handle into a pipe & put nails around the inside of the pipe to take up the slack.Lol I'll get pics on here tomorrow.BTW,both saws for $100
Ed

Well guys,I really don't know why so many people dislike working on the mini Macs.I tore down the 120 today (finished tearing down).It didn't have any spark so I checked the coil - good,I checked the condenser - good,I filed the points & gapped them.Now I have to rebuild the carb & wait for my parts to get here from Mr.Johnson,a new recoil pulley & new pawls.Then it goes back together & I've got myself a nicer little limber.
I bought two Mac saws on Sun.from a fella on ***.He told me there was a Mac carb on the 10-10,which I thought kinda odd.I was thinking maybe he thought it was a 10-10,but was really a 2-10.The other saw was a 7-10.I got them both in the mail today & the first thing I did after opening the box was to check the carb on the 10-10,it was an SDC,it just had the Mac logo on it.The next thing I did was check for spark,both saws had spark & good compression.I put some fuel in the 10-10 carb & it fired up.Next I put fuel in the plug hole on the 7-10 & it fired a bit too.The front carry handle is buggered up,but I think with the help from an A-dapter kit I can get it fixed up.Whoever broke the handle wasn't a very good handyman,they put the handle into a pipe & put nails around the inside of the pipe to take up the slack.Lol I'll get pics on here tomorrow.BTW,both saws for $100
Ed

Nice Ed had to go fondle and sniff my 7-10 after reading about one. Is it weird to stroke it and tell it that's a pretty girl no matter what they say lol (the other saws poke fun at her missing paint)

Back