McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Joe,yeah the 10-10 has a "normal" clutch cover that covers the bar studs,they actually stick through the clutch cover & the nuts screw onto them.The chain tensioner is in the clutch cover,so if that part is missing I don't know how he keeps the chain tight.If you could get a pic on here,it'd be much easier to see what you're talking about.
Ed

Looks like I need to get back into the carb on the 7-10. Made a new idle speed screw for it. Fired it up, revved it a couple of times just to warm it up, then it started sputtering and died and wouldnt restart. Fuel running out of the muffler. I think the needle stuck open.
I've about had it with this thing! I've put more into this saw than any other saw in my collection, I did it all "right" with all NOS or OE parts and it still refuses to run right! If I didnt have so much in it I would ship it off to someone who might have better luck with it than me.
Oh, and to add insult to injury, I've messed with the idle speed screw so much that now the threads in the airbox are getting sloppy and it wont hold a setting[emoji35]
Maybe I should just put it back on the shelf for another year!
Anyone wanna take a stab at this thing for me? I would gladly pay shipping both ways at this point.

Well, I've had enough with chainsaws for this weekend. Did the crank seals in the 1-52, put it back together, now have no spark[emoji35]

Well, I've had enough with chainsaws for this weekend. Did the crank seals in the 1-52, put it back together, now have no spark[emoji35]
Went ahead and threw an Atom module in there. Back to running. Have to wait till next weekend to cut with it and tune it.
I think I'm about done dealing with points in these old saws. Seems if I even look at them wrong i lose spark.

Id like to give it a shot if youre interested. I wont charge anything for my time. Ive been following this the whole time. I feel your frustrations. Pm me if youd like.
I'm gonna hold off for now and sleep on it for week but I might just take you up on your offer.
I've resurrected quite a few saws that where far bigger basket cases than this and never had one woop me this good.

Some nice blokes on here. Thanks for the valve Vinny turned up today safe n sound.

Checked my rings up against some 10-10 rings and there definitely thin so do I need to buy some pm700 rings? Or did they have thick ones on some of those too?

Back