Mcculloch Super Pro 125c Complete rebuild.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being that magnesium is not magnetic, in the traditional sense, I have been trying to find a solution to that problem.

I've read that if you pass a sufficient electrical current, like 60 amps at 220v, through a piece of tungsten carbide that it will become fairly attractive to small amounts of magnesium.

I have a piece of material coming and will let you know how it turns out. Until that gets here, you will have to keep using your vise-grips.

I recently put in a new stove, and it has less wires than my power from the sparking box thingy on the side of my house, but as luck would have it it is 220v. Can i just attach this wire to said vise grips?

Tom,
Is there a special tool that can be used for removing small bits of magnesium from human eyeballs? Just curious.........:dizzy:

I got home late after making a last minute arrest but thanks for playing!

Ive really been gentle to this saw for the most part. Aside from the starter pawls i havent been prying or beating on anything. And when i get it put back together i want it to look and perform like new. Ive got it disassembled to the long block and mostly cleaned up now. Today i will be ordering parts for it and i think im going to try to beg, bribe, trade or pay one of the more experienced guys here to rebuild the motor. New rings seals, check the reeds ect. Even if it doesnt need it, the peace of mind would be worth the cost to me.

Also, i went over the intake boot with a fine toothed comb and its good.

Last edited:
1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

I hear, Hammer, crow bar, nails and I think Carpenter? Dude slow the ,......... down !Crow bar ,..really?

I told you that when he pressurized the crankcase to split it he would kill himself......see????

:msp_tongue:

Well I hope the crankcase stuffer just popped free of the gasket and bopped him in the forehead hard enough to give him amnesia. If the crankcase ruptured that'd be a waste....:frown:

Well I hope the crankcase stuffer just popped free of the gasket and bopped him in the forehead hard enough to give him amnesia. If the crankcase ruptured that'd be a waste....:frown:

Aaron,
Strictly for scientific purposes I would like you to consume a dozen Five Hour Energy shots before working on your saw of choice.
Also for comparison please post up any relevant or irrelevant ramblings while under the influence of said Energy drinks.
TIA

Aaron,
Strictly for scientific purposes I would like you to consume a dozen Five Hour Energy shots before working on your saw of choice.
Also for comparison please post up any relevant or irrelevant ramblings while under the influence of said Energy drinks.
TIA

You tryin' to kill me Jonathan????

I've got a better idea. I'll film YOU and you while YOU'RE cranked up on the energy shots. I have a mini-mac 130 with your name on it. This is gonna be sweet......:cool2:

Aaron,
TIA

I'm no mathematician, but that seems like it would be almost 60 hours of energy.

Jon, how's the stove coming?

I'm no mathematician, but that seems like it would be almost 60 hours of energy.

Jon, how's the stove coming?

60 hours of energy for someone relatively sedate, but with the introduction of "flailing" he ought to get "tuckered" out in 28-36 hours.

Thanks for asking Tom, that extra 220v wire really magnetized those vise grips, and I was able to get all of those mag bits out of my eyes. I had to use a silicone oven mitt on my hand though because the 'lectricity made the grips get real hot.

You tryin' to kill me Jonathan????

I've got a better idea. I'll film YOU and you while YOU'RE cranked up on the energy shots. I have a mini-mac 130 with your name on it. This is gonna be sweet......:cool2:

I'll send a spare, ya know, just "in case" something happens to the first one. No need to send me your addy Jonathan, I've got it right here.

60 hours of energy for someone relatively sedate, but with the introduction of "flailing" he ought to get "tuckered" out in 28-36 hours.

Thanks for asking Tom, that extra 220v wire really magnetized those vise grips, and I was able to get all of those mag bits out of my eyes. I had to use a silicone oven mitt on my hand though because the 'lectricity made the grips get real hot.

That's good to hear. I am both blown away and amazed at your use of new and innovative technology, that I had never even thought of, to accomplish your goal. Do you think you could focus on the science of chainsaw disassembly and perhaps break new ground in that arena, as well?

:cheers:

I'll send a spare, ya know, just "in case" something happens to the first one. No need to send me your addy Jonathan, I've got it right here.

Steve, bare in mind that I have your address as well.

That's good to hear. I am both blown away and amazed at your use of new and innovative technology, that I had never even thought of, to accomplish your goal. Do you think you could focus on the science of chainsaw disassembly and perhaps break new ground in that arena, as well?

:cheers:

Sure thing 'pard, I'll be doing some compressed air experiments once the JB Weld is cured on my helmet.........long story...............details are still a little fuzzy...........muh head hurts for some reason.:msp_confused:

And makes more sense. :D

Hi, umm is this the thread about rebulding a Mcculloch Super Pro 125c?

Does anybody know where that thread is? Im looking for any information that will lead me to a socket that will remove the black screws with the odd shaped head that attach the piston connecting rod to the crank.

In the illustrated parts list, page 15, the screws are referred to in item 32 part 110720 as "screw-spline hd special".

I started this thread to learn, and there's information here to be had if we can keep this discussion on topic....

Last edited:
You need the special socket for those screws.Try Bob Johnson or the kart parts sites.

Hi, umm is this the thread about rebulding a Mcculloch Super Pro 125c?

Does anybody know where that thread is? Im looking for any information that will lead me to a socket that will remove the black screws with the odd shaped head that attach the piston connecting rod to the crank.

In the illustrated parts list, page 15, the screws are referred to in item 32 part 110720 as "screw-spline hd special".

I started this thread to learn, and there's information here to be had if we can keep this discussion on topic....

Hop back off of that high horse buck'o. It's gottten you in trouble here in the past (2101XP anyone?) . So we spread a little levity. Big deal. That's what you get for leaving the thread unattended for a while.

So.................help US learn. What's your super innovative new method of disassembling saws that nobody's thought of before. You can't leave us hanging here......:confused:

Hop back off of that high horse buck'o. It's gottten you in trouble here in the past (2101XP anyone?) . So we spread a little levity. Big deal. That's what you get for leaving the thread unattended for a while.

So.................help US learn. What's your super innovative new method of disassembling saws that nobody's thought of before. You can't leave us hanging here......:confused:

Listen here Pal, nobody, and I mean nobody has the right to call someone a name like that...........oh wait, you said "Buck'o" with a "B"? Sorry, I thought you called him a.........nevermind. Carry on.

Yes, apparently he can leave us "hangin".

Back