• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

Monster Red Oak

Scott76

Scott76

ArboristSite Member
Heres another HUGE Red Oak that I found in Longswamp, PA. That is down beside Reading, PA. I was out inspecting some bridges and looked over to see this monster. I was so rapped up into looking at this tree I didn’t see the sister tree behind it. If you look at the picture there is a scour pole that is 4’-0” (each color is a foot). I had to jump a fence to get to it. My co-worker wouldn’t jump the fence. It was a monster. Hope you enjoy it. The pictures doesn’t do it justice. It is close to 6’-0” diameter at the base.

clearance

clearance

Addicted to ArboristSite
Scott, this is the firewood section, are you going to saw that thing down and feed it to your stove?

NIP Group
BlueRidgeMark

BlueRidgeMark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hmmmmm. Can I split that with a monster maul? :dizzy:

:D

Beautiful tree, and of COURSE I'm just kidding about making firewood out of it!

Freakingstang

Freakingstang

Doctor Freakinstein
BlueRidgeMark said:
Hmmmmm. Can I split that with a monster maul? :dizzy:

I just got doing splitting up a nice 28" red oak. It was already chunked up in 18" sections, so I didn't get to make anything other than firewood out of it.

I did it all with the monster maul! :biggrinbounce2:

-Steve

Nice lookin tree, though