Ms200 carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlD

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Evening gents
I am rebuilding an ms200 from a mix of 4 parts saws and new bits, and have all the bits I need except a carb rebuild kit.

I have just started researching the carbs and see that there are a million different ones. I looked at the four I have and they all have differences...the one bottom right seems the most different.

I will keep on researching but do any of you guys have any input at this stage? I haven’t ruled out just buying a new carb.

TIA
KarlA29362FB-5210-4F92-AD4D-8FB52F051263.jpeg78B38CBE-198E-41AF-8E3A-D9FA3D08E2A3.jpegA29362FB-5210-4F92-AD4D-8FB52F051263.jpeg78B38CBE-198E-41AF-8E3A-D9FA3D08E2A3.jpeg81F6FBC1-4372-4A64-84B3-9A117CB4CEB0.jpegB6B26B3F-C9A1-4237-B33B-8ABAB0F22889.jpeg

Evening gents
I am rebuilding an ms200 from a mix of 4 parts saws and new bits, and have all the bits I need except a carb rebuild kit.

I have just started researching the carbs and see that there are a million different ones. I looked at the four I have and they all have differences...the one bottom right seems the most different.

I will keep on researching but do any of you guys have any input at this stage? I haven’t ruled out just buying a new carb.

TIA
KarlView attachment 827103View attachment 827104View attachment 827103View attachment 827104View attachment 827105View attachment 827106
All the 200T and 020T carbs will work but the 45 degree rubber Snorkel will be the only difference. One mounting plate has a hole for it on dont ,you can drill a hole if needed.

If you’re going through the trouble and expense of a build, don’t step on your d**k with a possible bad carb. Or four for that matter. They list out at about 80 bucks. Spring for it.

Yes I agreed on that but in my experience a new carb kit and they are as good as new! The ones with the acceleration pumps even if they run good, it's only a matter of time before they get goofy!
How can you tellnif they have excellerator pump?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

All the 200T and 020T carbs will work but the 45 degree rubber Snorkel will be the only difference. One mounting plate has a hole for it on dont ,you can drill a hole if needed.
Thank you, I assumed the one bottom right was best avoided due to it being most different. Perhaps this was off an 020

Bottom two without acceleration pumps will run the best!
I’m thinking the one bottom left is prime candidate...but for the cost of a rebuild kit might as well rebuild all four

I repair the pump leak by sealing it.
I’m trying to dig out a guide (with pictures for thickos lol) so that I can see what’s involved with this. It sounds like a 10 min doddle but I’d rather be 100% before I pull it apart and get into it

If you’re going through the trouble and expense of a build, don’t step on your d**k with a possible bad carb. Or four for that matter. They list out at about 80 bucks. Spring for it.
Idk, all I can find over here (Stihl dealer still closed due to c19) are non-oem for about $25. I was under the impression that with care and a rebuild kit the old carbs will be good as new...and likely better than any new non-oem?

I’ve rebuilt two carbs now with rebuild kits and so far no problem...but maybe third time unlucky

I mean the carburetor model, like C1Q-S32. Which models do you have? You need the right rebuilt kit depending on the carb models.
Doh...ok that’s obvious now you’ve said. I’ll have a look when I get home

Thanks for the message, but that dosen`t help me. If you would like to buy rebuilt kits for these carburetors, I need the exact model description of every carb for that you want to have a rebuilt kit. On these Zama carbs are many many different rebuilt kits availible, not only 1 for a whole series like on the Walbro carbs, it has to fit the exact model.

Thanks for the message, but that dosen`t help me. If you would like to buy rebuilt kits for these carburetors, I need the exact model description of every carb for that you want to have a rebuilt kit. On these Zama carbs are many many different rebuilt kits availible, not only 1 for a whole series like on the Walbro carbs, it has to fit the exact model.
Mmm...I’m seeing similar when I try to find a rebuild kit that is definitely the right one. Atm I’m going to wait for the local Stihl dealer to open up again and enquire about getting a new one, save on a load of hassle. Thank you for your input

Latest posts

Back