ms660 build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzleblastm38

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
ms660 build life expectancy with only holzfforma parts,i built one and used only parts kits and love it so far
i wonder if any here add good life expectancy out of it

Somewhere between 2 hours and 2 years. The good thing about building these things is that you develop the skills to keep them running. Rubber bits are usually the first to go.
I built mine with mostly chinese parts, and I love it so far, but I dont use it everyday either. But I will agree with this statement. I learned a ton from building that kit, enough to not worry about buying a box of parts with no directions from Craigslist a few days ago, and almost have it completely together already.

ms660 build life expectancy with only holzfforma parts,i built one and used only parts kits and love it so far
i wonder if any here add good life expectancy out of it

I received my MS660 kit few days ago and am getting ready to put it together soon. So far I have inspected all the parts and found the pieces to be surprising good appearance and quality based on just a visual inspection.

I have been reading this forum and watched YouTube videos for tips and as a result ordered OEM decompression valve & wrist pin needle bearing, as well as Hyway crankcase seal kit. Everything else will be what came in the kit.

How much you have used the saw - did you have any major issues putting it together?

I've had mine just over 2yrs, guessing ~40 tanks of fuel through it. Using with 24 or 32" bar.
I plugged decomp, used oem wrist pin bearing, oem elastostart, Stens air filter, and used a Raisman cylinder in place of the farmertech.

Problems I've had so far was the oil pump didn't pump worth a crap so replaced it. Flywheel side case had a porous spot that allowed bar oil to seep through, had to jb-weld that been fine since. Tore an av mount off when the saw got pinched once, probably my fault but I wasn't pulling crazy hard either. Intake boot hose clamp worked itself loose and caused it to go lean-luckily I caught it quick enough-blue loctited the clamp been fine since.

Latest posts

Back