MS660R VS MS661R ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So maybe a muff modded 661 is as good as a ported 660? ... and that means a 661 ported oh man!!!

Got a feeling randy is going to be getting a lot of 661's to work on!

Randy - when you say heavily ported. What does that mean vs your normal ported worksaw?

Also, how broken in/tanks on that 661?

I wish I could, I'd like to learn a few tricks from one of you old hounds. I have had several 660 saws and a stock 395 just walked all over them, it's just night and day between the two. That 660 cylinder obviously has alot of bench time on it.

l like the fact that off the shelf the 661 is so strong and with a noticable power increase over the 660. As a worksaw the 661 will be nice with spring AV and better fuel ecconomy from the strato tech. l think with a 28" reduced wieght ES bar, the 661 has evolved to a whole new level like other models ie ms260>ms261. About time stihl upgraded this saw. My 2012 M/M porded 660 is wearing a 9pin 325 sprocket with 18" bar for giggles as it usually wears 20" 404 8pin. Quite a nice limber in 325! The more people talk about the 661, the closer l get to buying one. lt IS the most advanced 90cc saw currently on the market.

Back