My 365vs2188vs390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice videos. I like how the dog watches you patiently.

I noticed the 390 is cutting significantly faster than the 2188 even though it is running a longer bar. Were you running semi chisel on the other two saws?

No, all chisel chain except the one video. The dog is smart he knows if I am just bucking up or cutting a tree down. If I am cutting a tree down he is right behind me going crazy. When the tree hits the ground he attacks it.
Just noticed the EC. So the 390 is ported?

Right now, my 365 cuts the same speed as my 2188 in 28 inch hardwood. So, does anyone think I should go for more with the 365 or call it good? The upper transfers are untouched and the exhaust can go wider. This saw is no longer strato.

Wider but man looks like a runner, good job. What you at now 21-22 BD?

Stock squish?

No, real close to .020.

Wider but man looks like a runner, good job. What you at now 21-22 BD?

Sorry, I should have posted these:
Starting duration numbers after base gasket delete were:
Ex. 156=102 ATDC
Int. 147=73 BTDC
Xfr. 125=117.5 ATDC
Bd. 15.5
After porting duration numbers were:
Ex. 161=99.5 ATDC
Int. 158=79 BTDC
Xfr. 125=117.5 ATDC
Bd.18

Almost identical to mine but I have 2* more blown down... Very quick response I have a (loose) theory that to a point more BD pressurises the case and can increase throttle response... Looks good!

Almost identical to mine but I have 2* more blown down... Very quick response I have a (loose) theory that to a point more BD pressurises the case and can increase throttle response... Looks good!

2 degrees more BD, Huh, what is your exhaust?

100... My cyl must be a little different. What's you squish? Mines right at .020".

I'd leave the trans where they are but that's just my guess :)

Latest posts

Back