My firewood tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the dually flatbed done. Haven't got a hoist on it yet but I really don't have a use for the truck yet either so until I find a deal it'll likely just sit around. Can't have too many trucks. View attachment 198002
198002d1315264113-dually1-jpg

Here's a better picture of some of my saws. 360 is missing, 056 is missing and a parts 460 is missing.
660, just bought at a sale last week.
270, bought at a sale a year ago, love using it.
170, bought new a few years ago, great trim saw and I've used it on big stuff too.
Husky 455, I think, never used it yet.
Husky 55, haven't used it either.
Poulan whatever, used it a few times before buying the 170, good for a few uses.
Tanaka something or other, guy gave it to me. Never used it.
Now to make the husky guys happy. I bought the huskys so that if anyone wants to borrow a saw I can give them one that I won't miss. They get almost as much use as my stihls and a lot poorer maintenance and they still work so maybe they aren't the worst saws made.

View attachment 200588
200588d1316998202-allsaws1-jpg

Last edited:
redhead, pour a cup or less of diesel down from the top and let it soak for awhile then light it at the bottom in the cut. We used a propane torch and it worked good too. They will smoke for abit until the fire gets going.
Just realized I forgot to add the details on the candles.
You can make them whatever length you want, these are about 40" tall. Make 2 cuts down from the top to about 6" from the bottom. Bigger pieces can put more cuts on them or if you want more light make more cuts, they will burn faster too.

Last edited:
redhead, pour a cup or less of diesel down from the top and let it soak for awhile then light it at the bottom in the cut. We used a propane torch and it worked good too. They will smoke for abit until the fire gets going.

Thanks cantoo, that's neat.I've read about them on here but wasn't sure what everyone was talking about.I'v got a standing dead pine that looks to be the right size to make a few candles.

Stihl 660

Your 660 looks to be in good shape. A few bumps and scrapes on the wrap around handle and normal looking wear on the bar with a brand new look on the power head.

Certainly seems to me you got it at a very good price. I'm sure you are going to be glad you bought it when you get into some bigger logs.

Nosmo

timber, nope, bought it at Jutzi in Breslau. I don't usually go to the County auction, everything seems to sell for what it is worth. I'm the guy that buys anything cheap. I'm gonna have to figure out who your are sometime when I'm in the store and I can actually say Hi to you. I was there last Friday harassing Arnold when he got back from Michigan.

If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the dually and dump trailer. Im shopping around for one of each.

I paid around $4500 for the dually, low kms, 8.1 gasser in it. No rust and low kms, former County truck. Steel for flatbed was $750, I built it myself. Dump trailer was around $3500, tough enough shape but it is a well built, so I think it will work okay for me. I buy almost everything I have at auctions. According to my wife I am addicted to them, that's not true at all. I usually only go to 1 auction per week, she's going to 1 on Thursday and I'm going to 1 on friday, I'm not likely going to 1 on Saturday.

I posted in the thread about selling firewood by the face cord, bush cord , rick, truck load whatever, and thought |I might add a pic here in my thread. Any guesses as to how much wood I have here? Some are full logs, some are cut into rounds and some are split and piled. I'm planning on filling my trailer up, guessing at the amount in it and guessing on a price, I will then sell it by the load and not put the amount of wood on it only selling by that trailer load. I'm planning on loading with my tractor and don't want to have to prepile it all, I would just fill it as close as I could each time. View attachment 202163
202163d1318211524-woodpile2-jpg

Last edited:
send pics of the tractor and trailer you'll be pulling with the wee yeller truck, and we'll fiugre it out.

Thoug I think the scale is off. Some of the mulch on the ground looks smal enough to be splits, but the logs must be 48" in scale.... The splits are like 60" long, must be for a OWB?

Cute.

We have Thanksgiving at my house every year and my son and his girlfriend just got a new puppy. I warned everyone they would have to look after their kids because of the new dog, Pitbull and Bull Mastiff cross. I had send them pictures of the new dog, and of course he looked a little small ( 2lbs 4 oz) so I had to make a quick set to make her look a little bigger. It even looks like I photoshopped the dog in but it's the actual picture.
View attachment 202319
202319d1318292465-dog1-jpg

Last edited:
Finally got a decent pic of my log lifter/puller. It started life as a 3 point hitch ditch digging bucket. I removed the bucket, welded on a bunch of chain hooks and some tubing to hold chains on. It works great for lifting the logs out of the mud and is handy to cut them into rounds too. It's mounted on my brother in laws Kubota. The sides keep the logs away from the tires and lots of hooks means pulling out more than 1 log at a time. View attachment 202333
202333d1318293948-log-lift-jpg

Made a new smaller trailer to pull behind the Steiner to haul smaller branches. It's about 42" x 72" long. I used car hubs and tires so it can handle some weight. The plan is to have 1 guy drive and the other guy throws the branches onto the trailer, unload them with tractor forks and then buzz them up with my buzz saw. The side stakes are removable. The steiner is my brother in laws, he has 3 of them. That's him in the pic.
View attachment 202334
202334d1318294409-steiner-jpg

Last edited:
Made a new smaller trailer to pull behind the Steiner to haul smaller branches. It's about 42" x 72" long. I used car hubs and tires so it can handle some weight. The plan is to have 1 guy drive and the other guy throws the branches onto the trailer, unload them with tractor forks and then buzz them up with my buzz saw. The side stakes are removable. The steiner is my brother in laws, he has 3 of them. That's him in the pic.
View attachment 202334
202334d1318294409-steiner-jpg

Is that Tony wearing the latest stretchy (thanksgiving dinner) Huronia Welding shirt?

Back