My firewood tools

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is hanging up. View attachment 233638
233638d1334453423-saw3-jpg

I decided to make a chainsaw tree today. My wife was not impressed when she seen them all together. Looked bad enough hanging in the barn but out in the open they were easy to count. 12 saws and 2 long pole saws, never put the hedge trimmers in the tree but I have 3 or 4 of them too.
Look at all that orange and 1 little green one in there too.
View attachment 235891
235891d1335577010-sawtree2-jpg

Auction sale today and more firewood tools. Picked up another buzz saw because 1 isn't enough. Got a better deal on this one so it lowers my average cost. At least that's what I told her, she reminded me that I haven't used the other one yet. Someday those piles of limbs I have stacked up are gonna catch hell. Also picked up a cultivator, maybe use it for grooming bushtrails? View attachment 236029
236029d1335660600-buzzsaw1-jpg

And finally the reason I was at this sale, a future firewood conveyor. $175, no motor but I will be putting a hydraulic one on it anyway. Have a hydraulic sweeper that has hoses and 4 motors on it to reuse. Thinking I will make it so I can use it for both splitters or under the buzz saw. Goning to keep it small and light so I can pile or load my trailers with it right in the bush. View attachment 237041
237041d1336267595-conveyor1-jpg

Oh yeah, I bought another cross cut saw too. Not sure how many I have now, gonna have to do something with them soon.

i just stumbled across this thread by cantoo and it is a good one i must say!,seems like i just found somone that got bitten by the wood bug worst than me!...i guess if i'm gonna keep up....i'm gonna have to get that jet-ski i've always wanted.but now my son want's one also :msp_mad: i just ran down back of my house to take these pic's for this thread.more if you want.
ATVcLargeWebview.jpg

ATVbLargeWebview.jpg

ATVaLargeWebview.jpg

ATVLargeWebview.jpg

i got my processor in smith falls on,ca. how far from there are you mr.cantoo??...sure wood like to meet up with you sometime!

wood n saws

A100HVA, Smith Fall's is over 500 kms from me. I'm a stones throw (1 1/2 hr) from Port Huron Michigan. Nice looking processor you have. There are a few of your type of trailers around here too but most of our woods are pretty open so most guys use farm tractors and wagons.

that's a loooong drive for me,ontario sure is a lot bigger than it looks.i've been out scoutin' around for years.
i see godreich on my map,looks like a nice waterfront place on lake huron (rt. 21) about as close as i've been is the OREGON sawchain factory in GUELPH. maybe someday we'll meet up! till then keep on cuttin' :D

Genius, I worked in Michigan for a few years delivering and setting up modular homes. I worked all over Michigan and seen some of the big dairy farms around Grand Rapids. My daughter works on a local dairy farm here and milks about 300 cows. Lots of JD green around here too and lots of the wooden shoe wearing guys too. My wife is Dutch.

I finally had a chance to try out my newest buzzsaw and man this thing is going to get some use. Fast and easy to use and safe if you watch what you are doing. I was planning on just cutting a couple of pieces so I never plugged in the conveyor so it piled up quickly. Easy to cut whatever length I want and be very accurate but cutting up limbs it produced a bunch of odd lengths quickly too. This thing is going to be handy to drive in the bush and cut up limbs and small deadfalls beside the trails. I have a skeleton elevator that someday will attach to this for use in the bush to dump into a trailer. Even if I just have someone drive and I cut and drop the stuff on the trail and then later comeback and pickup the chunks with the loader. View attachment 237481
237481d1336527345-buzzsaw3-jpg

Latest posts

Back